The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

372/1000 build thread

Sean92AWD

The wheels were 17 Rota SVN. Yes it was the JMF small battery kit. I was going to put the battery in the trunk.

SmoothCustomer

Finally got it back on the ground. The pictures are misleading, especially because it was getting dark. There is a little more wheel gap than I was hoping for with the H & R/AGX combo, and I thought you weren't supposed to have to cut those springs, but either way I'm not doing anything until the car is actually full weight and the tires are filled because they are pretty flat. Also I need to mess around with both subframe's bushings/spacers/whatever, but they don't need to come down again completely luckily. Here is a list of what I need to do in the order I would like to do it.

1. Install the plates that go between the rear subframe and the car
2. Install spacers in the front subframe
3. Install tie rod ends and ball joints
4. Buy and install front agx's
5. Install all of the brake stuff (except for inside the bay)
6. Take care of fuel system from the tank to the bay
7. Paint the engine bay
8. Figure out my wiring situation and correct it
9. Install brake lines (in the engine bay)
Pretty straightforward from here
10. install engine, transfer case, trans driveshaft
11. Install accessories (head lights etc)
12. Install intercooler

Money Permitting
13. Have whole car painted
14. Have intercooler piping powder coated
15. Have vc shaved and powder coated
16. Have intake manifold, intake pipe and fuel rail powder coated
17. Tint
18. Have wheels powder coated
19. Have brakes powder coated
20. Start tuning
21. Drive it

DSC00137-1.jpg
DSC00136-1.jpg
DSC00135-1.jpg

Last edited:

SmoothCustomer

Not much to update but the motor is at the machine shop now having a head bolt thread repaired and I have my new fp race sitting in my basement and a keyless fuel door on its way! Once I get the motor back I'm going to try to put it all back together in running condition so as soon as the shell is complete it will be ready to go.

SmoothCustomer

Ok, so I have a master bushing kit here to install. I also stripped down the engine bay, Friday I plan to drop my front subframe and get it prepped for paint. I need to decide what I want to POR15. I'm thinking it might be easier if I just POR15 the entire bay, and under the fenders then spray it with Kensington Grey. Immediately after that, hopefully by the end of June the body will be getting painted and then I can start my final assembly. I'm trying to decide about what I want to do with the wiring harness, because this one is a little hacked. I really might just get some wire and some loom and make my own harness because I think it will look much nicer and be cleaner. I also painted my calipers and brackets using a POR15 caliper painting kit.

DSC00175-1.jpg

How it sits now.
DSC00170-1.jpg

DSC00168-1.jpg

SmoothCustomer

Now it's really empty. I'm going to start cleaning up my subframe to get it ready for POR15, and when I actually get the POR15 back from my brother I will start on the bay.
DSC00178-1.jpg

DSC00187-1.jpg

SmoothCustomer

So I haven't been working on this too much, but I sanded it down to bare metal most places in the bay, and under the fenders, and on the rockers. I POR-15'd the whole thing with 3 coats, and then threw some tie coat primer on there. I'm quite pleased with how it turned out, but unfortunately in my haste I didn't get any pictures of the prep or of the progress. One more coat of primer, and then it should be painted some time this month. I also POR-15'd and used chassis coat black on the front subframe after taking it to bare metal once again, and it looks great, but no pictures.

DSC00222-1.jpg

DSC00223-1.jpg

DSC00224-1.jpg

SmoothCustomer

It has been a while. With spring coming around, I decided to start in on this again. The past two winters, mice have been using this thing like a toilet. Hopefully I can save the seats and dash. The trim is all fine luckily. The carpet was toast to begin with so that's no big loss. I'm actually considering buying factory carpet if it's still available. It's about $300 which is a lot, but it actually seems very reasonable for brand new factory carpet. I also found cheap indoor storage for next winter right down the street. I ended up just hosing out the trunk, and it was insanely disgusting. The water pooled a little bit and it was so disgustingly brown. I've never seen anything like it. Here is how it sits now:

DSC00346.jpg

I also started in on the motor again. I installed the timing belt, exhaust manifold and turbo. There's nothing stopping me from putting the intake manifold on but I actually don't have enough room in the garage to do it. I just got my tax return so pretty soon I will get the last stuff I need to finish the motor, along with the alternator relocation bracket.

DSC00345.jpg
DSC00340.jpg
DSC00339.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts