The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

313/1000

sleeper1ga

Well been on the forum for awhile but never introduced myself or my vr4. I picked up #313/1000 back in spring and after dealing with title issues finally got it all in my name in late May. Slowly have been fixing the various issues it had when I first bought the car; Fixed the windshield, fuel pump wiring from hell, battery relocation to match the quality of the fuel pump, fan wiring as well... The paint looked very poor but after many hours of rubbing compound, polishing, and carnuba waxing it started to look less neglected. The car had previously hit a deer so the windshield was cracked, the hood is dented, and it appears that the bumper support was removed after, so currently it is held by zip ties(despite my many attempts to locate a bumper support).
Now to the better side of how I bought it, the car has a .020" wiseco pistons(8.3:1), (supposedly eagle rods however I believe they are stock rods), arp hardware, balance shafts deleted, 20g Godspeed turbo, evo 8 injectors, aem uego, aluminum radiator, lightly ported head, chip tune.
Photos of when purchased...

sleeper1ga

Recently picked up DSMlink v3 and have begun tuning but sadly I am 6hrs away from my car for the next few weeks, so I will not be able to finish for awhile... I also picked up SD and will be switching over to that soon. I will be picking up an electronic boost controller and will likely run around 22psi, my goal is to eventually get the car to be a 400awhp daily, however I will need a change of injectors, turbo, and a few other things before I can work towards this.

Here are some more recent photos since I worked on detailing the car and fixing some issues such as windshield, missing badges, and dogleg...

Last edited:

boostme

Sup man. The paint def looks better after the detailed job you did. Where in Illinois are you?

GSTwithPSI

ECMlink has electronic boost control built in. Buy the ER BCS, or use the stock boost control solenoid to enable the ECMlink boost control feature. It's better than any aftermarket system out there for the Galant/DSM, and basically free.

Last edited:

sleeper1ga

Quoting boostme:
Sup man. The paint def looks better after the detailed job you did. Where in Illinois are you?

Thanks I took a ton of time detailing went a little overboard and detailed the door jams and stuff too haha still need to clean the engine bay more, but ideally I'll be pulling the motor this summer to change some minor things... Car is McHenry but I'll probably have the car in Carbondale next fall.

sleeper1ga

Quoting GSTwithPSI:
ECMlink has electronic boost control built in. Buy the ER BCS, or use the stock boost control solenoid to enable the ECMlink boost control feature. It's better than any aftermarket system out there for the Galant/DSM, and basically free.

Will probably end up doing the Ingroll Rand, since the cost for the stock boost controller is roughly the same and I can't find the 1/8" .025" orifice restrictor without like $10 shipping for $1 item that is vacuum connector...

sleeper1ga

Well getting pretty excited after many months of not getting to be with my car, I'll be back home end of next week!!

The parts stash is pretty decent:

Aeromotive A1000 AFPR
Fuel Injector Clinic Blue Max 1450cc Injectors
Omni 4 Bar MAP sensor
GM IAT
Parking Brake cables
and potentially a bumper fix...

Haven't driven it in about 8 months... so hopefully all these installs go easy and quick, and I should be able to start tuning!!!

sleeper1ga

Yeah the welds are far from the best on that fitting haha also it would require me to cut the inner timing cover... Like the location of where I could see it, but I'm doing it on the firewall instead just ordered the wrong fuel rail adapter for it last night, hoping that extremepsi will get my email before they send it out, as I bought 8an instead of 6an...

sleeper1ga

Well engine bay still makes me cringe from all the wire that the previous owner mangled, but at least the center of attention won't be a peeling blue valve cover, think the wrinkle black w/polished letters turned out pretty nice!!
Also in other news, the 1450cc Injectors have been installed, still need to pick up some fittings for the aeromotive a1000 fpr, mounted the map sensor but need to route a boost/vac reference, looked into finding my fuel leak issues(still working on that)...

Last edited:

sleeper1ga

Well here's a much overdue update with the fuel cell that I installed. As you can tell it's streetcar sized but it fit well and still left a little room in the trunk for my detailing supplies along with a little space for groceries!! Still need to hook up the fuel gauge I bought but for now I'm just checking visually every once in awhile... Next step fixing a nasty bit of idle surge...

UY2gGe7.jpg

IIWUFYi.jpg

S4yA2K5.jpg

YFlfBnY.jpg

Also a photo of the new pump and filter that was installed...

YI8jGqH.jpg

I apologize for the deterioration of the thread, I'll try to resubmit photos that were lost due to PB failure...

sleeper1ga

Also picked up a brand new hood, bumper filler, and fender... they will be waiting on funds to be painted though...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts