The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

3 years of slow progress on the Galant GSX

Bought my galant three years ago as a replacement for my EVO XI when I sold it to buy my wife a nice family sedan. Ive been trying to make it better little by little. Now that I am back from my deployment, The pace should pick up a bit.

1990 Galant GSX

Engine -
Stock N/A 4G63 With Headers and Intake

Suspension and Handling -
KYB AGXs with H&R Race Springs, Tein Front Adjustable PillowBall Mounts
WhiteLine Front Strut Tower Brace, Front and Rear Anti-Sway Bars
RRE Rear Strut Tower Brace
Curtis Sub-Frame Connectors
DSM 5 Lug Hub Swap
EVO MR BBS Wheels with Toyo Proxes

Exterior -
93' Crystal Clear Headlights
Galant VR4 Grill
Clear Bumper Lights
Keyless Fuel Door

Interior -

EVO VIII Front and Rear Seats
EVO VIII Momo Steering Wheel with CURTIS Custom Hub
Galant VR4 Door Panels
EVO VIII Momo Shift Nob
Custom Leather Shift Boot
DSM Shifter and Base

To be installed -
EDM Front Bumper With Pre-Facelift Foglights
BoostX Front Lip
Thule Roof Rack with MTB Carriers
Galant VR4 Side Skirts with Doglegs
EVO VIII Brembo Front Calipers, Rotors, Pads With Custom Brackets

And My New Talon Tsi AKA Turbo Fix

citymunky

I like the rims a lot.

SmoothCustomer

Get a rear bumper to match the front because it will look weird with the front coming down so much lower than the rear (at least I think it will). Either way I bet the car will look sick once that bumper is on there. Like the dude above me said those rims look great. Just toss a turbo motor in there and call it a day. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

There is no such thing as an EDM Front Bumper With Pre-Facelift Foglights. An EDM front bumper only has one type of foglights. Not sure that boostx lip will even fit that bumper, because it already has some sort of build-in lip.

Last edited by a moderator:

IncorpoRatedX

Quoting SmoothCustomer:
Get a rear bumper to match the front because it will look weird with the front coming down so much lower than the rear (at least I think it will). Either way I bet the car will look sick once that bumper is on there. Like the dude above me said those rims look great. Just toss a turbo motor in there and call it a day. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

rear is the same as the vr4 bumper.

i love the evo bits! same thing im trying to do with mine, but to hell with that DSM! convert the GGSX over to GSR spec!

raptorWagon

His GGSX is much cleaner than my car and probably runs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif
+1 build the GGSX.

Last edited by a moderator:

After the trans exploded two weeks ago, I had it carted off to BOSS Innovations to do a DSM trans, T-case and rear end swap. So if your idea of running is Starts and holds idle....then yeah. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

BluFalcon

I love my GVR4, but I still have a soft spot in my head for DSM's. Especially Banzai Blue 1Gb Talons. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif Every time I see a saveable 1G sacrificed for a 5 lug swap or raped for its drivetrain, a little piece of me dies inside. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif If I had the space and the time I would have my GVR4 as a nice quick street car, and build the DSM up for "ludicrous speed" shenanigans. That's just me though.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts