The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

2g style TPS using a 1g ECU

89Mirageman

I know this has been done the other way around many times with guys doing the 1g TB in a 2g. They just slap a 2g 4 wire TPS on a 1g TB and call it a day just using the idle switch as a throttle stop.

I'm wanting to use a 2g style 4 wire TPS with a 1g dsm ecu. I have the schematics for both and it looks like the 4th wire on the 2g style TPS is in fact the throttle stop switch. I'm guessing it's somehow built into the 2g TPS and that's what the 4th wire does.

Can I just take the wire that goes to the stop switch and wire it into the 4th wire using a 2g TPS plug from the junkyard? Hope this makes sense.

This is for my 92 Colt project. I'll be using a 1g 91-94 na ecu and wiring harness. I'm sure you guys know the 1g's (along with the GVR4's) have a 3 wire TPS and a separate wire going to the throttle stop switch.

Last edited:

AllanL

you can do it like how you described it...

pin3 on the 2G tPS is indeed the idle position switch...

by the way, what TB are you going to use, 1G? 2G?

89Mirageman

I have a TB here from a na stealth/3000gt. It's pretty much identical to a 2g TB but the opening is a little bigger. Plus since it's a na TB it has a place to clamp an intake pipe to without having to run an elbow. A 1g na TB would be ideal I'm sure but I don't have one at the moment but I already have the stealth one here. Thanks for verifying this for me!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned