The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

2g Auto Swap

rexwagon1909

I am in the process of taking a 1990 gsx vr4 clone to auto based on a 1995 Eagle Talon Awd..Like some of those at English Racing, and some of my local friends here who are making high horse power, I want to convert. I am using the tranny and Tc, Kiggly 2g to 1g kit, 1g 92-94 auto 4bolt rear..It's been said to use 2g axles up front But I have also seen 2g intermediate to 1g axle driver side and 2g passenger (all these examples are from 1g Talon/Eclipse) Does anyone have any experience with an auto swap into a vr4/galant gsx?? No matter what I will try to do a write up as I go along...

scooter

It seems like more trouble than its worth. Why the 2g tranny? I know most do it for the billet verter, but even still think the 1g would be a better option. My friend has a 2g auto swap in his gilly and it was a lot of trouble. He lives in cali and fftec did the swap for him, so I'm just going off what he told me went on during the swap. I'm thinking the passenger side axle shaft is from a mirage. It seems like the half shaft is from a 2g, but with a 1g bracket. I'm thinking they tried a few different mount combos, and ended up having to weld the holes up and drill new ones? Like I said, this is all coming from what I was told. I thought with the right mounts it should have lined up, but don't think that was the case. I know dsm big Ted was there helping install it, so he could say for sure. Ill ask both of them later the details.

Like was said earlier though, seems like a lot more trouble than its worth. The billet converter didn't even work in the galant really. Car must have been to heavy for the dsm settings. Way way to loose. It would leave good no spray, but would just blow through the converter and not mph at all. He's going to have them tighten it up, but just moved and hasn't had a chance to yet. Ill post back when I get some details on what exactly was used for the swap.

rexwagon1909

It won't be easy but typically the transmissions hold up well and will cost a whole lot less then a Shep or Tre and a twin Disc...2g was the only one I have been able to find with ease..

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned