The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

2G accumulator with competition clutch

trunks

I know it's been somewhat discussed but I was hoping for some opinions specific to my application.

I have a competition stage 5 clutch and a stock flywheel. It's pretty chattery and I've been surprised by the stiffness of the pedal compared to my '95 eclipse with an upgraded clutch. I just found the thread on the 2g accumulator on twin discs where someone asked about a single disc but there was no response. I daily drive the car and would like to make it a little more enjoyable around town.

So I'm wondering if putting a '95 accumulator and slave on there is worth while? Also I noticed two lengths for the hard line and wondered if that makes any difference? The car has a stainless line from the slave to the fender where it hooks up to the stock hard line.

Thanks!

trunks

Well after looking at it with the stainless line there's no accumulator on there at all. I'm going to give it a try.

trunks

Well if anyone cares I went ahead and put the thing on there along with a new ss master to slave line. The thing pushes in like a stock clutch and engages incredibly smooth. The chatter is gone at least for the first few drives. I makes it feel like a completely different car which for me getting up there in my old age and just want a drama free fun fast car to drive to work in the summer it is perfect.

So I you daily drive your car I cannot say enough about putting a dsm 2g accumulator in line before the slave cylinder.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts