The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

22nd Annual DSM/EVO/GTR Shootout August 15-17th 2014 Norwalk,Ohio

GSTwithPSI

So, of the 30 guys on the list, I'm the only one driving a VR4 from the east coast? That can't be right...

Any of you guys know if they allow pets?

Last edited:

LIV4PSI

Pets are allowed at the track

GSX_TC

Quoting 92_talon_awd:
Quoting GSX_TC:
We'll be coming from a different direction so I won't be able to meet you up along the way, and we are staying at Super 8 btw.

Here's our possible routes

What's up with your GPS man, I just googled that route. Showed up as 1,257 miles and 18hrs 55min. You'll be going right through Trashville, about 2 hours away from me. Seems like the perfect place to cross paths. Just let me know when you are about 3 hours out and I'll jump on the road. Can't wait!

Prob because you don't have my exact address and are just using Houston TX in general. Even with my tom tom GPS or my phone they both say 22ish hours, but anyways yeah I have your number right? I'll end to write down who all im meeting up so I don't forget.

92_talon_awd

Cool haha, I was just wondering. Yeah man, you got my number so hit me up.

MellowVR4

So what's the weather looking like for this weekend out by Norwalk?

92_talon_awd

holeshotmoe

Quoting GSTwithPSI:
So, of the 30 guys on the list, I'm the only one driving a VR4 from the east coast? That can't be right...

I'm up in monkey county. Hopefully I get my car back together. If not I guess I'll drive the eclipse. I'm planning to leave about 5 am Friday morn.

andrew4g63

01. GSX_TC (Mike)
02. LIV4PSI (Craig)
03. AlainB7 (Alain)
04. 90tsi (Michael)
05. GSTwithPSI (Brett)
06. VR4PLAY (Jeremy)
07. FiascoXL (Joey)
08. Redwood (Nick) no car but will be at the show. I don't have enough time off to drive the 4000 miles round trip to get my car there this year.
09. Project_91vr4 (Dave)
10. Chi271 (Manny)
11. MrmetooxD (Justin)
12. 92_talon_awd (Dan)
13. turbo99 (Brad)
14. the_underdog (Tom)
15. 89Patches (Corte)
16. Not_a_Member (Juan)
17. Birdman24 (Terence)
18. Losermakesgood (Jeff)
19. Blue64tsi (Adam)
20. Chris Palumbo
21. Hayourwifeleftu (Billy)
22. Blast3r0 (Nick)
23. Josh Rolczynski
24. Rmontalvo23 (Richard)
25. Donny Baker
26. Marco Anthony DiNinzio
27. Gombos (Michael)
28. Iceman (Samuel)
29. Cory Stefanski
30. HoleshotMoe (Mike)
31. Andrew4g63

I'll put myself on the list. I should be bringing two vr4s. My buddy is going to follow me as long as
I can finish the little things I'm doing to each car.

GSTwithPSI

Quoting holeshotmoe:
Quoting GSTwithPSI:

I'm up in monkey county. Hopefully I get my car back together. If not I guess I'll drive the eclipse. I'm planning to leave about 5 am Friday morn.

I was thinking about doing something similar, leaving really early. I'd be down to meet up and roll together if you wanted.

Turbo99

Quoting GSTwithPSI:

East coaster driving out. I'm north of Boston.

Not sure we'd really be able to meet up anywhere outside of the Cleveland area and by that point we're almost there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif . Was going to straight shot it rte 90 the whole way.

Taking 80 out is usually a bad time from this far North East. Lots of construction, very hilly route.

Last edited:

RWD4G63

We'll be headed out from NJ at about 8:00 a.m. Thursday morning, Taking rt 80 the whole way!! We'll have an EVO-X and my Challenger in Tow...

MellowVR4

I just looked at the weather, I'm getting different forecast on different sites. Looks like sunday is the best chance for rain, But a chance on Saturday??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

GSX_TC

We just made it to Nashville Tennessee, left Houston at 3am and now it says 730pm in my clock In the VR4. Gonna stop at a hotel for the night, I am soo tired. According to the GPS we have like 7ish hours left so I'll knock that out early Tommorrow. Meeting up with Dan with 29/1000 tomorrow morning then we'll cruise to the shootout. Planning on getting there Thursday afternoon so I have time to prepare and unpack and clean the car up from all the stupid bugs.

I'll be at buschurs shop early Friday morning along the road with the cones and signs all laid out and will be texting y'all tomorrow, if any of you guys have not texted me yet please pm me your number so we can coordinate.

holeshotmoe

Scratch me off the list. I'll be there but not with the galant. Tonight was the last night I could work on it and I didn't finish.

GSTwithPSI

Well, looks like Friday is out for me. The plan now is to make it up there early sometime on Saturday. I drove the car about 40 miles to work today, and thought I smelled coolant when I parked. I popped the hood and the top tank on my radiator was leaking. I had to order a replacement from AutoZone, and can't get it until tomorrow morning. They were the ONLY ones who could even get a radiator in under a week. I guess it's a Spectra OE replacement or some sh*t. Anyone ever had one of these? I've used Spectra oil pans before, and they were great quality. I'm hoping their radiators are built the same way. I think the tank was seeping the entire time I've had the car, I just didn't notice. When I installed the Mishimoto 19 lb radiator cap, it really started leaking and has made the issue even worse. Now it's pissing out coolant. Sucks...

GSX_TC

Sorry to hear that Brett, but yeah those parts stores ones should work.

I think I got your text and replied.

Ok guys I'll be up at Buschur racing very early tomorrow at 730am setting up the cones and signs for all of the VR4's to park together. So be sure to come park there and if you know someone that has a GVR4 then pass the word to them too. I'll have the cones and signs setup along the street on the opposite side of Buschur racing. Basically along the street facing his shop. See you all tomorrow!

MellowVR4

So just my luck happens yesterday, My Raider turning signals and brake lights decide to stop working on it. SOOO looks like I'm going to miss out on shootout this year again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif Have fun guys...

IncorpoRatedX

fix it, check fuses, relays and grounds!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts