The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

22nd Annual DSM/EVO/GTR Shootout August 15-17th 2014 Norwalk,Ohio

holeshotmoe

I'll be there...
01. GSX_TC (Mike)
02. LIV4PSI (Craig)
03. AlainB7 (Alain)
04. 90tsi (Michael)
05. GSTwithPSI (Brett)
06. VR4PLAY (Jeremy)
07. FiascoXL (Joey)
08. Redwood (Nick) no car but will be at the show. I don't have enough time off to drive the 4000 miles round trip to get my car there this year.
09. Project_91vr4 (Dave)
10. Chi271 (Manny)
11. MrmetooxD (Justin)
12. 92_talon_awd (Dan)
13. turbo99 (Brad)
14. the_underdog (Tom)
15. 89Patches (Corte)
16. Not_a_Member (Juan)
17. Birdman24 (Terence)
18. Losermakesgood (Jeff)
19. Blue64tsi (Adam)
20. Chris Palumbo
21. Hayourwifeleftu (Billy)
22. Blast3r0 (Nick)
23. Josh Rolczynski
24. Rmontalvo23 (Richard)
25. Donny Baker
26. Marco Anthony DiNinzio
27. Gombos (Michael)
28. Iceman (Samuel)
29. Cory Stefanski
30. HoleshotMoe (Mike)

Does anyone know when was the largest meeting of these cars since they were rolled off of the ship?

holeshotmoe

Quoting GSX_TC:
Ok guys just another update for the people who still don't know all the details. I'll have cones and signs laid out Friday Saturday and Sunday that say "Reserved Parking For Galant VR4's" so be sure to come park in our lineup all weekend. I finally found someone who can take those shots of our cars for us! I'm paying Marybeth Kiczenski aka 95Talongirl to take some professional shots of our cars in very specific ways so I'd like to be able to text you all so I can be able to communicate with you on making these shots possible. So please respond to my texts or phone calls in order to be apart of these shots, if you don't have my number is 713 534 2023. We are gonna see if we can get them on Saturday evening or Sunday morning and thinking we can take some on the track when it's empty if possible. Here are a few of the shots we are trying to get.

Hey Mike, I could do Friday whenever or Sunday morning, but I won't be there Saturday.

DR1665

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quoting Turbo99:</font><hr />
Two weeks is enough time to get a monumental amount of work done...

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">
Tell me about it. Spun the mains in my daily driver Pajero yesterday on the way home from work. Assuming I can get a babysitter Saturday or Sunday, I should have the engine out and disassembled before I hop a plane to Cleveland. Parts should be waiting for me when I get home the following Thursday night, then I plan on reassembling and installing the engine Friday, and driving it to work Monday. That's pretty much a rebuild in one week. In 100°+ weather.

Make it happen, gents.

vr4play

Just dropped the car off at the detail shop. I've got to change the fuel filter and clean the injectors and I should be good to go. Got to mount some max effort legal tires. Far cry from last year when I was rebuilding the engine. Should be there Thursday night. Staying at the Motel 6 in Milan.

Last edited:

MellowVR4

So, I've been thinking, I really want to bring my vr4 to the shootout so I can be among many other vr4's ( doesn't happen too often ). Was wondering if I do bring it, and I bring my laptop, Would anybody be willing to help me out with the tuning on my car??? Not like a full blown tune, but just to bring my wideband numbers to normal. She drives completely fine right now, but would like to see those numbers lower at wide open throttle. If any has experience with link and is willing to help a brotha out, please let me know. Super thanks in advanced. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

vr4play

I could possibly help you out. I'm no expert tuner but my car seems to run o.k. I can probably get you at least in the ball park as long as I'm not working on broken cars to make a race. I think we are bringing at least 3 cars.

MellowVR4

She is all tight, I had it tuned when I had my old setup. Now I have much bigger turbo, injectors. I got it to the point where it runs good, Just wanna do a couple of WOT pulls and see if some changes can be made because she needs it. That would be cool if you can Sir. Most likely someone would chime in while we're tinkering with it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

GSTwithPSI

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quoting DR1665:</font><hr />

Tell me about it. Spun the mains in my daily driver Pajero yesterday on the way home from work. Assuming I can get a babysitter Saturday or Sunday, I should have the engine out and disassembled before I hop a plane to Cleveland. Parts should be waiting for me when I get home the following Thursday night, then I plan on reassembling and installing the engine Friday, and driving it to work Monday. That's pretty much a rebuild in one week. In 100°+ weather.

Make it happen, gents.

Damn, dude that sucks. What happened?

1dvsdsm

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quoting DR1665:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quoting Turbo99:</font><hr />
Two weeks is enough time to get a monumental amount of work done...

Make it happen, gents.

If you find yourself needing some help, My friend Kristen (Bondspeedworks.com) is in Queen Creek and has a ton of parts in stock. If you need something new I can probably get you a good deal if it means getting to the shoot out.

DR1665

Quoting GSTwithPSI:
Damn, dude that sucks. What happened?

I was a retard. Trusted in the oil pressure gauge to warn of low oil levels. Sending unit died last month. (Had to be sending unit. If the balance shaft chain went, I would have heard it, and would have been driving on 0 oil pressure for a month.) Didn't check oil at last fuel up. Ran it low, I suspect. sh*t happens.

Quoting 1dvsdsm:
If you find yourself needing some help, My friend Kristen (Bondspeedworks.com) is in Queen Creek and has a ton of parts in stock. If you need something new I can probably get you a good deal if it means getting to the shoot out.

Dude. This is Phoenix. I've already got 3 people with donor 2.6s ready to go in if I need one, and at least four people offering to turn wrenches, if not also let me do the work in an air conditioned shop. Appreciate the offer, but since Parts Dinosaur (also local) went out, I've just been using Rock Auto or Auto Zone, if not used.

7 days from now, I'll be drunk and wandering around Wakeman. Excellent /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

GSTwithPSI

So, who's driving out from the east coast? I'm looking at a couple possible routes. I'm willing to alter them in order to meet up and drive with someone. Here are the routes I'm considering below. Basically going from Annapolis, MD to Norwalk.

Also, where are the majority of you guys staying? Anyone know what the special "Shootout" room rate is @ the Motel 6?

GSX_TC

We'll be coming from a different direction so I won't be able to meet you up along the way, and we are staying at Super 8 btw.

Here's our possible routes

MellowVR4

How much is the three day pass for the track? So I can camp their.

LIV4PSI

^^$25 for Sat and Sun for the Shootout. And I think it's $10 to spectate on Fri night. It's an open track night. Camping is free

MellowVR4

Ah ok, I might be heading to shoot out alone. Im sure Ill be able to hang out with a few fellow members when Im their so I wouldn't really be alone. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LIV4PSI

^^You are more than welcome to camp with us Mellow, and hang out all weekend if you want. We like to party and have good time though

MellowVR4

Im all about that dude! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif If you can save me a spot for the tent and my truck.

LIV4PSI

Done!

MellowVR4

awesome, Ill get your number and contact you when im close by, either youll be asleep or drunk by the time I get their /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif.

92_talon_awd

Quoting GSX_TC:
We'll be coming from a different direction so I won't be able to meet you up along the way, and we are staying at Super 8 btw.

Here's our possible routes

What's up with your GPS man, I just googled that route. Showed up as 1,257 miles and 18hrs 55min. You'll be going right through Trashville, about 2 hours away from me. Seems like the perfect place to cross paths. Just let me know when you are about 3 hours out and I'll jump on the road. Can't wait!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts