The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

22nd Annual DSM/EVO/GTR Shootout August 15-17th 2014 Norwalk,Ohio

MRmeeTooxD

Count me in 365, an chi271 is in also. We arent that far from ohio but we will have a trip. This will be my first shootout an I cant wait. So all I know is, as soon as everyone get by chicago we will tag along like a biker clan:D !!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

GSTwithPSI

1. GSX-TC (Mike)
2. LIV4PSI (Craig)
3. AlainB7 (Alain)
4. Imjordan (Jordan)
5. GSTwithPSI (Brett)

Something really shitty would have to happen for me not to make it out this year. So far, 1837 has been much nicer to me than 1813 was. By the time 1813 was road worthy enough to make the trip, I had to sell her. Making the drive shouldn't be an issue this time, and I definitely want to attend a Shootout. I've owned either a DSM or VR4 for over a decade now, and have never been. I need to cross this off the bucket list.

Last edited:

transparentdsm

im def with you Brett. im 28 and have owned a DSM or a VR4 since i was 16 years old. i have never been to a shootout and would really love to go. i think this year might be the year, maybe one or two guys from my area will go.

vr4play

1. GSX-TC (Mike)
2. LIV4PSI (Craig)
3. AlainB7 (Alain)
4. Imjordan (Jordan)
5. GSTwithPSI (Brett)
6. VR4PLAY (Jeremy)

As long as nothing catastrophic happens I should be there. She was running good when I put her away for the season except for the clutch started slipping and the radiator started leaking. Should have that all fixed up before spring.

transparentdsm

^ thats also my issue, i need to get a new clutch and install the other trans i have after i swap bell housings out and rebuild anything that needs to be.

GSX_TC

Hey guys it's finally here!! In case you still haven't bought one yet the Official 2013 DSM/EVO Shootout DVD is finally finished and available to be purchased!! At only $20 shipped too, BIG thanks to Slanted J for all his hard work and dedication to bring us another great video of our collection. Our Galant VR4 lineup made it in the video as well!! Heres the site: click

Another great new thing to start off the new year is the 2014 DSMTuners Calendar. Got 2 Galant VR4's in it this year! Pick up yours to start the new year. Here's the site to that one: click

Enjoy, and have a happy New Years!

LIV4PSI

Yes, and I was upset at first. But hopefully the addition of GTRs helps keep the Shootout around for longer.

I hope to see you there this year Brett. You won't be disappointed

Imjordan

The GTRs were badass last year

Fiascoxl

Hey I said I was going 23 post ago! lol, still can't wait!

1. GSX-TC (Mike)
2. LIV4PSI (Craig)
3. AlainB7 (Alain)
4. Imjordan (Jordan)
5. GSTwithPSI (Brett)
6. VR4PLAY (Jeremy)
7. FiascoXL (Joey)

vr4play

I just found out that there will be no race tire class for the auto-x this year. Apparently they didn't like me kicking there ass with fastest time of the day. I need to find the rules for max effort cause I think that's where I'll be. I don't think I'll be that much slower on street tires as the course was too slow to take advantage of them so hopefully I can do well this year.

transparentdsm

ok, ok. im in. wife and i talked about it and were going to do it. were taking 138 and she will be getting some work done before hand. bigger turbo, intercooler, better trans and clutch. hope to put it in the 400hp club before we go. were not staying at the track though, were going to stay at the indoor waterpark down the road and have a full vacation. also we are going to try and get her brother and his wife to come out and bring 1365, he isn't on this site, and join us on vacation. so i will be there and maybe 1365 will be there as well.

edit: also some lowering springs and other suspension parts.

Last edited:

Redwood

Cant say that ill have enough time to drive my car there this year but i am going to plan on coming again for the 4 year in a roll. Probably just fly in and come with my brother. Not to say that i wouldn't love to drive in a big convoy Transparent and the others but just don't have the time yet. Still a lot of time before the shootout but i plan on being there some how.

1. GSX-TC (Mike)
2. LIV4PSI (Craig)
3. AlainB7 (Alain)
4. Imjordan (Jordan)
5. GSTwithPSI (Brett)
6. VR4PLAY (Jeremy)
7. FiascoXL (Joey)
8. Redwood (Nick)

GSX_TC

Quoting vr4play:
I just found out that there will be no race tire class for the auto-x this year. Apparently they didn't like me kicking there ass with fastest time of the day. I need to find the rules for max effort cause I think that's where I'll be. I don't think I'll be that much slower on street tires as the course was too slow to take advantage of them so hopefully I can do well this year.

Hell you whipped everyone's ass last year bro! I hope you can do the same thing this year too, got any plans to make it faster in the corners?

Quoting transparentdsm:
ok, ok. im in. wife and i talked about it and were going to do it. were taking 138 and she will be getting some work done before hand. bigger turbo, intercooler, better trans and clutch. hope to put it in the 400hp club before we go. were not staying at the track though, were going to stay at the indoor waterpark down the road and have a full vacation. also we are going to try and get her brother and his wife to come out and bring 1365, he isn't on this site, and join us on vacation. so i will be there and maybe 1365 will be there as well.

edit: also some lowering springs and other suspension parts.

Awesome, the more the better! I'll be driving from TX again so maybe we can meet up at some point?

I'll add you to the list.

1. GSX_TC (Mike)
2. LIV4PSI (Craig)
3. AlainB7 (Alain)
4. Imjordan (Jordan)
5. GSTwithPSI (Brett)
6. VR4PLAY (Jeremy)
7. FiascoXL (Joey)
8. Redwood (Nick)
9. Transparentdsm (Shane)

Last edited:

vr4play

I've got new double adjustable front shocks, and fwd spindles for the front. I'm going to have the rear shocks re-valved and possibly get a bigger rear sway bar. My budget it smaller this year after rebuilding the engine 2 years in a row 100 miles apart and buying new wheels and tires last year. The tune is much better on E85 this year so it should run better. Last year was the first time I ever used E85 and had only driven the car for 3 days before the shootout after putting the engine back together to do some break in and cruise tuning. The first wot pull was a fail with the car bucking and popping and getting super angry. Loaded it on the trailer anyway around midnight the night before. Dropped it off at the detail shop at 10 am and picked it up at 1:00 in the afternoon and got on the road. Got to the track around 6:30PM on Friday and we changed the plugs and shrank the gap and made the 1st full pass on the new motor with about 50 miles on it and my first time trying to tune on E85. Made a bunch of changes to the map and made a 2nd pass. Picked up over a second and we where tired and the car was sort of fast with a 12.5 and the tune was safe so we left it. It was about 10:1 AFR and only about 14º of timing on 20 psi. When I drove it last I had 11.7 AFR and 18º of timing on 26 psi and it felt dramatically faster. Was going to put it on the dyno but the radiator sprung a leak and the clutch started slipping so I parked it in the garage and haven't touched it since. Those are the first 2 things I have to address before I do anything else. I'm not looking forward to spending $1000 on new street tires either but they should last longer than my $1300 race tires that only last 1 season. I think I may have to stretch the tires a little cause I don't know if I can afford to buy another set of wheels for the street tires. We'll have to see how business is over the winter. No one wants there performance cars worked on around here over the winter. They all wait till a week before the first race and then get mad when there aren't any appointments available.

GSX_TC

I'm wonder why it sprung a leak, hopefully it's a small fix, got an idea of what street tires you have in mind yet?

thecman02

I know I can knock off at least a half second on the quarter mile. Autocross I was cutting .5 .25s off each pass. I just need to start off faster and figure out the course. I'm not sure if I'll be at this shootout, but it should be exciting because I'm sure Leon will make a push to get back on the podium. Tim should cut significant time off his quarter, and if you don't lose much in the autocross with street tires you'd have won this years event. I just hope that guy with the cut up 1g doesn't get any more power or he'll wipe the floor with all of us. I'm hoping that maybe I can get a new wheel setup and tuck a little more tire under my car, 255>245. It would be nice to take those damn max effort evos down a notch.

vr4play

The fan brackets rubbed a hole in the radiator so it will be getting replace and I am going to fab up a better way to hold the fans on. I'm trying to decide between the Dunlop Starspec ZII or the BF Goodrich G-force Rivals. I have raced on the BFG tires in my buddies miata and I was really impressed by them. I haven't raced on the new Dunlop but my current street tires are Starspec ZI tires and I like them.

GSX_TC

I hear good things about both tires, but according to one of my buddies who works for Discount Tire, he says the BFG's are great in dry but horrible in wet.

thecman02

If I end up with new rubber I think I'm going with the BFG's. I've been nothing but impressed with them no matter the line.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts