The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

21st Annual DSM/EVO Shootout 2013 Aug 16-18 Norwalk, Ohio

thecman02

Galants were repping hard saturday! You got first, I took first in Max Effort, and Tim was third. Then I think I saw a picture where we were 11 deep. I have a crude video my girlfriend took of a couple of the max effort drag passes I had. The second run was against the one lap of america car. I bogged super hard that run, but it was fun chasing him down. I'll try to load them up in a day or so.

Fiascoxl

Just got home as well, it was really cool to meet everyone and put some faces to the cars. Already looking forward to next year, had a blast!

GreenGSX

I had a great time this year and it was nice to finally be able to meet some of you. Props to Mike for setting up and organizing the VR4 only parking. It showed once again why the GalantVR4.org community is so great. I was very happy with how I did in the autocross. I managed a 31.03 clean and a 30.7 with a cone which put me near the top for all the cars and I think second overall among the DSM's. My utter failure at drag racing nearly cost me a trophy but with some luck I was able to take home 3rd place in DSM Max Effort. The real win was just finishing. The whole weekend I didn't pick up a wrench, I didn't check the oil, and she got 23mpg for the entire trip including the autocross and drag racing. I had a small leak on the drivers side axle seal but I just wiped that down and kept going.

I uploaded my photo's to the teams facebook page. Check them out and feel free to tag yourself or somebody you know.

click

LIV4PSI

For those of you who haven't, everyone should buy the 2012 and 2013 official Shootout videos from EOS. /J and crew really do an awesome job, and they gave the VR4s tons of love this year. Here is a pic from the cruise we took with /J shooting us

Last edited:

holeshotmoe

Great time and got to meet great people. True to his word, Mike V cordoned off an area for the galants. In all directions, hundreds of DSMs, EVOs and a few 4G63 swaps. Oh, and some pretty fast nissans :-b A few pics below.
Most of the Galants parked together but found a few strays

Milton was the first VR4 owner I met there. Stood around and talked about cars for an hour Sat night, so his car gets a spot:

From up high...can see Mike busy making that car shine :)

What's wrong with this picture? Is it just the angle?

One lap cars

Trophy on the dash

This one was across the way by itself

Swaps:

Guy told me it had a vw bug transmission

The Kart, you've seen

This, my favorite. I spotted those taillights and knew what it was

Old rice...that's me in japan back in 78 with my green 68 corolla...

But this one is a 69

This expo owner froze up the turbo (how?)

And check this original out...

That's most of the decent ones I think. Tons of EVOs and DSMs but you've seen all that. Enjoy

Oh, a couple more
Some carnage

So you had lots of vendors there

Guy said he added this to increase HP from 50 to 120. Ya think?

Some of the eliminations lineup

Last edited:

4thStroke

Unfortunately, I only got to meet a few members at the shootout. I passed by 3 times on the turbo Raptor to try catch up with you guys, but only managed to meet a few at the VR4 lineup, and a couple others out and about.

It was a blast all around, but a bit disappointing for us at the English/ETS/Cobb lineup. 5 of the 6 cars broke, it was only Luke's old 16g auto that stayed together and ended up taking 2nd in its class. 2 GTRs and 3 1Gs limped back home.

Shep's 8.2 GTR run on drag radials was insane and more impressive to me than the current record at 7.9 on slicks.

We ended up stopping by Buschur to say hi and thank him for the event and then Switzer as we were on our way to the airport. Tym has quite the shop over there and was more than accommodating. I can't wait for him to show us his most recent GTR build that made 1700+awhp... it was hidden behind a curtain.

Redwood

well that was a great weekend didnt get to take my car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif but it was cool to get to meet a lot of you guys in person. hopefully it get fixed and back on the road soon. sounds like ill be moving out to Washinton here in a few weeks. so not sure if ill make it out next year.

had a blast hanging with everyone around the cars tho. lots of nice one came out.

thecman02

I apologize for not getting a chance to meet or talk for more then a few minutes with everyone that showed up to shootout. I came in to town late Friday so I missed the chill Friday hangout. Saturday kept me busy with max effort and then I was helping my buddies get their cars dialed in for Sunday.

89Patches

Damn, I really wanted to get my car down there but it broke just before I crossed the boarder, so I left it at a service station for the weekend, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif
But at least the evo 3 made it, which also broke down before we crossed the boarder aswell. So we missed all friday and most of saturday but was able to get the alternator the next morning. Then the boarder people didn't like us. put us in some little room and search the car for about 2 hours /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
The only thing they questioned us about was the factory japanese road flare. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif So this road trip that only was going to take us 6 hours turned into 30 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'll post some carnage pic's of my car tomorrow. Has anynone bent a coilover before /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Alainb7

Nice week end, just amazing to see Shep run 8.2 with is full trim GTR.

Nice also to see 2 VR4 in the podium of max effort!

All VR4 align togeter was also nice to see.
Too bad I feel reject of VR4 club, thats why I park the stray across Sunday,and with DSM Quebec Thusday to saturday, it is not for nothing.

I had a lot of thunbsub during that week-end that confirm that I'm not the only one to like my car.

I had a badluck sunday morning in front of Econolodge, the universal joint break at the yoke on a Brake/stall launch and drive shaft swing on the car floor and in the street. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

2 guy from DSM Quebec help me fix this by go at autopart pick up the universal joint and help me out change it in the K-mart parking lot! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Also 2 guy from DSM Canada told me that if I can't fix it, they will bring back my car with there trailer un to Trenton Ontario.

Maybe next year I will try the Max-effort if Somebody in the DSM Quebec guy came with a pick-up and a trailer in case I need one for returning home.

I spin all 4 wheel at Napierville dragway on the 60', at Norwalk dragway it is another game, I'm afraid to broke on the line!

Couple of my picture:
click

Last edited:

holeshotmoe

^^
"All VR4 align togeter was also nice to see.
Too bad I feel reject of VR4 club, thats why I park the stray across Sunday,and with DSM Quebec Thusday to saturday, it is not for nothing."

I don't know why you felt rejected. Mike V. had extra spaces saved all day Sunday for galants that wanted to park. All they had to do was pull in. Next year, bring that car across the street and park with us. :)

GreenGSX

Quoting AlainB7:
Too bad I feel reject of VR4 club, thats why I park the stray across Sunday,and with DSM Quebec Thusday to saturday, it is not for nothing.

I wish you had come over to say hello. You would have been welcome in the group plus, I could have tried out some of really bad French on you.

Tim

Redwood

Quoting holeshotmoe:
^^
"All VR4 align togeter was also nice to see.
Too bad I feel reject of VR4 club, thats why I park the stray across Sunday,and with DSM Quebec Thusday to saturday, it is not for nothing."

I don't know why you felt rejected. Mike V. had extra spaces saved all day Sunday for galants that wanted to park. All they had to do was pull in. Next year, bring that car across the street and park with us. :)

I didnt even have my car there but i was hanging around with all of the vr4 guys all weekend long, even rode along in the little cruise to take photos of the cars. you could have came over and everyone would have talked to you no reason to fell rejected. all of the guys were really cool to put a face with the online name.

IncorpoRatedX

He probably feels like that because of the terrible body kit he has and the flack we've given him for it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

turbofonz

Haha, that broken transfer case pic is from my 1g.

I had a great time, but didn't really talk to any vr-4 owners. I was doing my own thing. We were hanging out with Tony the whole weekend (KG on Forgelines)

4thStroke

Quoting turbofonz:
Haha, that broken transfer case pic is from my 1g.

I had a great time, but didn't really talk to any vr-4 owners. I was doing my own thing. We were hanging out with Tony the whole weekend (KG on Forgelines)

Was that you with the FP decal on the rear window?

One of the most impressive things I saw over the trip was a kid who drove his 300k+ mile 2G from Idaho, spun a bearing, and swapped in a built 2.4l in our parking lot over night and ran again Sunday. I assume he made it back to Idaho by now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts