The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

20th Annual 2012 DSM/EVO Shootout Aug 17-19 Norwalk, Ohio

LIV4PSI

I loved watching the Summit make passes. Between it, your GVR4, and the AWD Spyder, you have my favorite collection of 4G63 powered cars. Only one missing from my favorites is an AWD Colt hatch.

LIV4PSI

Quoting GSX_TC:
f*** I can't believe I missed this, I really wanted to see that nice Summit as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

I still don't understand why you just didn't drive something else?

GSX_TC

Because I was too busy wrenching on the VR4 till it was too late to even go, that and my 1g's aren't in get in and drive 22+ hours condition. I'll be there for sure next year. Might even go with my friend with the red 1g talon again. =)

LIV4PSI

That's kind of what I figured. I got my car together the night before, only to find out in the morning the filler neck hose was rotted and leaking. My friend couldn't understand why I wasn't okay with leaving the GVR4 at home and riding 4 deep in his Corolla. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

I could only put in $10 of gas at a time, I had to use a jump box every time to start the car, I didn't have time to correct my steering wheel after installing a new rack, I was missing my horn cover and front sway bar, 90 OFH is plugged with no cooler, but #1501 made it there!

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Haha nice, hey did you know there's a guy named John Vigil that makes a stainless filler neck for our cars for only 85 shipped? It looks pretty sweet. I'm gonna get one eventually.

Leon_R

Quoting LIV4PSI:
I loved watching the Summit make passes. Between it, your GVR4, and the AWD Spyder, you have my favorite collection of 4G63 powered cars. Only one missing from my favorites is an AWD Colt hatch.

That is funny, because my current list of cars includes:

4G63 Summit AWD (track/family car)
'96 Spyder GST (undergoing GSX conversion)
'91 Galant VR4

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

LUNARFX

You were rocking that Summit out everywhere! I think I even saw you cruising through all the hotels too. Here's are a few pictures I have...

Sorry the first two weren't as clear because my point and shoot camera was on the wrong setting.

DSCF2256.jpg

DSCF2268.jpg

DSCF2259.jpg

DSCF2255.jpg

DSCF2279.jpg

DSCF2302.jpg

DSCF2318.jpg

DSCF2317.jpg

DSCF2376.jpg

DSCF2377.jpg

DSCF2431.jpg

DSCF2323.jpg

DSCF2325.jpg

DSCF2358.jpg

DSCF2356.jpg

DSCF2509.jpg

DSCF2510.jpg

DSCF2409.jpg

Last edited:

LIV4PSI

AWESOME!!!! Someone did take some pics of 1501! It looks pretty damn good too if I say so myself, except I need a white 92 grill and to lighten the corners some.

Thanks for the tip on the filler neck Mike, I will definitely be buying one. I haven't had time to research about it yet, been busy trying to figure out why I need the jump box to start my car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Last edited:

LUNARFX

Yeah man. I doubt you remembered me, but I figured I'd snap a couple for ya.

matt92vr4

Awesome pics guys! I plan to attend next year. I really wanted to go this year but my wife had a baby on Thursday so I think I would have been in trouble if I missed that.

LIV4PSI

I remember meeting you. One of my favorite parts of the Shootout is meeting fellow gvr4.org members. You guys are the only ones who truly appreciate all of my hard work, because we all own or have owned one.

DynastyLCD

nice pics. that caged black GVR4 with the huge turbonetics turbo... whos car is that?

LIV4PSI

It belongs to Central Florida Turbos, or CFT for short. They are mostly street racers who aren't very active on the internet. They have no interest in meeting other GVR4 owners or being part of the community. It still sucked seeing the car break on the first pass. I wish I knew more about that car, I noticed it wasn't intercooled.

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Quoting LIV4PSI:
I remember meeting you. One of my favorite parts of the Shootout is meeting fellow gvr4.org members. You guys are the only ones who truly appreciate all of my hard work, because we all own or have owned one.

This is exactly how I feel too =)

I'm glad someone took the time to snap pics of the Galant VR4's =D

LUNARFX

Yes for sure. I've been to the Shootout many times in the past but I realized that I had acquired #924 since my last time going. So I made it a point to find all GVR-4 owners on this trip.

citymunky

Here is a link to more pic's somebody posted on the local forum.

web page

WTF?
DSC8483.jpg

GSX_TC

Dam, is that thing AWD?

LIV4PSI

Yes it is.

GSX_TC

awesome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts