The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

20th Annual 2012 DSM/EVO Shootout Aug 17-19 Norwalk, Ohio

Redwood

sounds like its going to be another good year down there. my buddys and i are in the vidoe for the shootout last year. and we plan on being there for this year two. i should be driving my vr-4 down as well. in kind of a different direction to crusie in with you Mike coming from Michigan. but i def down to take a group pic of the cars. not sure if ill run her or not but sounds like funn.

GSX_TC

Cool sounds good, I'll be parked in the same spot as last years.

desant78

that's it. Now I have to go. See this everyday at work has convinced me, you win mike. How early do you guys get hotel rooms? suggestions on where to stay? I saw the motel, which I am thinking about right now. I'll try and wrangle up some other south jersey vr4's too.

GSX_TC

Ill shoot to get there on the evening of the 16th. I have a room booked with 2 beds in case someone tags along. I'm gonna start buying rebuild parts next week.

LIV4PSI

Quoting desant78:
that's it. Now I have to go. See this everyday at work has convinced me, you win mike. How early do you guys get hotel rooms? suggestions on where to stay? I saw the motel, which I am thinking about right now. I'll try and wrangle up some other south jersey vr4's too.

I camped last year, and it was way more fun that the hotel rooms. Way cheaper than the overpriced hotels, and a better time. I'll be camping every year from now one.

I need to start working on 1501, I really hope to race her this year.

GSX_TC

Haha your number backwards is 1051

LIV4PSI

And I have all intentions of making mine just as nice as 1051, dare I even say nicer.

nrvous

I know we are planning a revival tour style caravan from Rochester. A lot of good friends over there years made from the shootouts.

Stephen

GSX_TC

Go to buschurs shop Friday morning. That's the Dyno day. I'll be there and you can park right next to me.

LIV4PSI

Quoting GVRBound:
I guess Imma go.. Where do I need to park??

All of the GVR4s seem to find each other, and park in a crowd.

Alright.. Hmmmm, wonder what a stock gvr4 makes HP wise??? Hopefully I can find you guys...

GSX_TC

Quoting LIV4PSI:
Quoting GVRBound:
I guess Imma go.. Where do I need to park??

All of the GVR4s seem to find each other, and park in a crowd.

Not when I was there. I had to physically go walk over and ask them to park beside me. Even then there was one or two that never showed up.

Last edited:

LIV4PSI

I guess I missed the dyno day last year. I didn't realize there even was one, until after we arrived Saturday. All the Galants were parked beside each other at the race track though. I didn't realize you had to go around and hunt everyone down.

GSX_TC

Yeah I was the one who started that row of galants. Hopefully they'll know to go there again this year because ill be in the same place.

Redwood

iu didnt even see when all the galants were together that day.. when i saw mikes he was parked next to the red talon in some of his pictures.. should be a pretty fun time this year know more ppl and having a car will help..

GSX_TC

Yeah that red talon was my friend Rob who drove from Houston. At first we parked there, then when I saw other galants, he moved his car so the other galants could all park next to me.

Redwood

nice well i plan on getting mine up in there somewhere near the one that made me have to get one.. and hopefully i will have got some mods done to ruca by then.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned