The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

2004 Vr4 meet in NO. VA pics

mante

Cant remember the name of the Park but it wasnt far of 66.. Anyone from the pics still on the forum? my 8th gen Vr4 is on the left

BlitzVR4

Your talking about Bull Run from DSMCA. I have been to a couple of them. I think after a while they moved to another park. I think it was called James Madison or something.

Last edited:

Dasith

how did you get an 8th Gen VR-4 in the USA, i thought they were never sold there

fuel

^^ that's what I was thinking! initially thought the photo was taken in the UK given the UK style plate on the 8G, but then saw the 6Gs were all LHD USDM models. Perhaps it was just a one off import which was not registered?

Dasith

^^^ could be... or a complete engine/drivetrain/suspension swap.... pretty expensive exercise either way...

mante

No swap, complete chassis. Its just a Galant tag and title was quite easy. Had to switch a few parts to US spec.. crash bar, seat belt and windshield. everything else is 7gen galant or 2nd gen Eclipse gsx parts wise.

Someone mentioned the park name of James Madison, that sounds like it!

Turbo4door1

My old car is the Nile Black one next to the 8th gen car (I have since sold it, and the owner after me recently sold it too - it's now in NC), Sam's car is the White one (which I believe he sold), and I think the other one might be one of Rob's cars - that I think he sold too! I am pretty sure I have some pictures from that day as well.

The park was the James S. Long park in Haymarket.

Last edited:

Ian M

They used to do the DSMCA meets at James Long park,but I think this was just a Galant meet. I think there was a at least one held there,I had my car to one of them as well as a couple DSMCA meets.

The old DSMCA meets were fun. Turnout always seemed good. Won some cool stuff in the raffle,including a DSMlink one year. I imagine the turnout would be mostly EVOs now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Jesus_Negros

They have another in VA, I'd go

mante

Quoting Turbo4door1:
My old car is the Nile Black one next to the 8th gen car (I have since sold it, and the owner after me recently sold it too - it's now in NC), Sam's car is the White one (which I believe he sold), and I think the other one might be one of Rob's cars - that I think he sold too! I am pretty sure I have some pictures from that day as well.

The park was the James S. Long park in Haymarket.

Damn so none of you guys still have the cars lol... Thats right Haymarket!!

Hittman

Just throwing this out there, I plan on having another meet in Haymarket at a different nearby location. How many would be down?

Jesus_Negros

I'd be down

BlitzVR4

Depends on when. If I can get my car back together I would go. I do miss those DSMCA meets. I have an old pic with a bunch of Galants all lined up at Bull Run Park. Have to find and scan the pic.

holeshotmoe

Quoting Hittman:
Just throwing this out there, I plan on having another meet in Haymarket at a different nearby location. How many would be down?

Getting to be about time for this, being the weather has gotten nice. Ready to propose a date?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts