The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

2002 Galant 4G63 some info plzz

Hello To every one i'm new here i have some questions.
i have a 2002 Galant 2.0l with the 4G63 SOHC engine.
1. is it possible to put on a manual gearbox and what kind of gearbox , and a 4G63T DOHC Evo Head non turbo for start.
2. Or can i put a complete 4G63T DOHC Evo engine with the manual gearbox and it will be easier.
would it take many modifications and what kind of???
Dont Have A Current Photo This Is The Last One.

fuel

Hey welcome.

First off this forum caters toward the 6th generation 1987-1992 shape Galant VR-4 rather than the 8th generation 1996-2006 model. You would be better off at other forums like The Galant Center, OzVR-4 or ClubVR-4 (google them).

To answer your questions as best as I can:

1) Yes you can convert to manual using the manual gearbox from an 8th generation Galant with the 4cyl engine. I had a 2000 Galant 2.0 manual once so they do exist, though perhaps harder to find in your country. You cannot use a 4WD box from an Evo. You can swap on an Evo 4+ cylinder head and manifolds but you would be better off swapping in a complete Evo4+ engine.
2) Yes.

GSX_TC

welcome aboard, you may want to try going to Thegalantcenter.org they have lots of nice builds on there for 8th gen cars like yours, in fact heres a build from a guy doing to his about what your asking. click

Cheers
Mike

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts