The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

2.3 Stroker Motor info...

g64b crank part number = MD080691
bearings part number = MD091399

I'm about to order both of these so if anyone knows differently please tell me now. Groc or anyone else with a finished stroker?

6-bolt g64b Crank: MD080691
6-bolt g64b Main Bearings: MD091399
6-bolt g64b Rod Bearings: MD071298

I ordered these today. If they're wrong i'll correct them for the archives.

Picked up all the parts above with my prices at Boulder Mitsubishi:

6-bolt g64b Crank: MD080691 $504.53
6-bolt g64b Main Bearings: MD091399 $65.25
6-bolt g64b Rod Bearings: MD071298 $55.45

crankg64b1.JPG

crankg64b2.JPG

crankside.JPG

mainbearings.JPG

rodbearings.JPG

GVR-4

Very nice. Keep us posted on the buildup.

BTW, is Clevite just a brand of bearings? If so, are they better than stock Mitsu parts?

clevite is a brand of bearings but i've decided to go with all mitsubishi stuff. Some say clevite are better, some say OEM. No one has ever had an issue with mitsu ones and I know they are dead nuts the right size with the new crank. Clevite are slightly cheaper as well but only by ~$30 IIRC.

I'll keep everyone posted as well as do my best to keep the website up to date with pictures, prices and part numbers. Now I'm waiting on the pistons and rods from Marco in the land of floppyheads. Pistons should be here in ~2 weeks and then the block machine work can be finished save clearancing for the rods.

Any who are doing a stroker motor (or those who have done them) please keep us up to date.

Problems you run across...

How much difference it makes in the end...

What you would do differently...

Also anyone from New England doing one?? I would love to look at the project in progress...

Steve
197/1000

[ 03-14-2004, 07:16 PM: Message edited by: SteveHebert ]

quote:Originally posted by SteveHebert:
Also anyone from New England doing one?? I would love to look at the project in progress...I'm working on one. Still in the early stages, but hope to have it wrapped up by early summer.

The 2.4L shortblock I bought from Geoff:

- Bored .020 Over
- 8.5:1 Wiseco Pistons/Rings
- 1G Long Rods
- Balanced, Knifedged, and Lightened Crank
- Clevite Bearings
- Machined for Oil Squirters

img.asp

img.asp

img.asp

GVR-4

Dude, that's really nice! Got any close ups of the oil squirters?

I do not.... I have yet to recieve the motor, but once I do I'll try to get a few pictures of them.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned