The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1g radiator into gvr4?

Tre3zy

just wondering if a 1g radiator will fit in our cars

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Not a direct swap, but can work. It is shorter I believe, and of course has not provision for a cap.

Diego

It will work you just need the upper radiator hose and the thermostat housing from a 1g /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Tre3zy

cool got any pix on how it looks like.... that would help me decide as well if i want to go that route

Diego

I'll have my snap a pic and post it here. A bit later I'm sure someone will post before I do. But that ^ is all you need. It is a bit lower sitting but once you see it in place you'll get the fitment by instinct.

donkeylips

Figured since this is only a couple of months old I could bring it back since I have a couple of 1g radiators lying around. For the people who have actually done it, are there any disadvantages? You have to drill new holes for the two upper brackets, right? If so it's no problem for me; my shell is rotted out anyway and my engine bay is a mess.

My main concern: Is the cap(now on the t-stat housing instead of the radiator) still the highest point in the system? Is the 1g radiator short enough?

Brunoboy

Why not replace it with a stock style replacement?

Last edited:

donkeylips

Because it's easier to get 1g radiators, they always seem to land in my lap. I have two perfect ones right now. Besides, I also have a 1g and the more parts that are interchangeable the better.

Last edited:

Tre3zy

i think the only difference with the 1g radiator is it sits lower.... so the only modification needed is the top brackets.... im not sure though

bmxkid415

I have been running a 1G radiator and thermostat housing for 3 years now. It sits lower then the GVR4 so you will have
to make your own top brackets. Other wise, I haven't had an issue at all.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned