The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1g ps reservoir

makedollarz

I'm trying to swag to a 1g ps reservoir. What do you do about the different size ps lines. The one on the bottom of the 1g reservoir is smaller then the galants. How do I make this work? Is there a specific model of 1g reservoir that I need to source?

Thanks

dsm10o0

Do you still have you 4ws?

top tube goes to the PS oil cooler tube on front of the car and the bottom one goes to the pump. All the 1g reservoirs are the same.

Last edited:

makedollarz

I removed the 4ws a while back and looped the lines at the reservoir. I've had a 1g reservoir laying around for a while and i had to remove the ps cooler temporarily to mount a pusher fan so I figured I'd swap the reservoirs while I'm at it. But, the line coming from the ps pump that should go to the bottom of the 1g reservoir doesn't just clamp to it. The 2 ports on the 1g reservoir aren't the same size, the middle is clearly larger then the bottom. Both the lines I need to connect from the ps cooler and the is pump are the same size, the sane size as the bigger of the 2 ports on the 1g reservoir. I hope that makes sence.

makedollarz

After looking at it further, the galant reservoir has a smaller top port, and larger bottom. I guess ill just clamp it really tight since it oddly has two different size ports in reverse in the galant reservoir. Kinda weird but I guess if it worked before it should work now.

dsm10o0

forgot how I did mine but it was a direct swap. I'll look at it and maybe post a pic if you need it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned