The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1G Fuel pump sending unit fit in a galant?

onesickcrx

I am looking to find out if a 1G fuel pump sending unit assembly will fit in a galant vr4? Also is it a direct bolt in?

spooling92vr4

Negative. the galant sending unit is a bit shorter than an eclipse one. with the pump and all it will be too long to bolt down. I suppose you can make it work with a little rigging. the top where it bolts on is the same tho

onesickcrx

Thanks thats the info I was looking for. I will have to find out if the full blown dual pump setup is shorter then a stock 1G. It might have to be trial and error unless someone on the board has tried there double pumper.

atc250r

Staff member
I happen to have a 1G one here right now and my stock GVR4 one in the shed. Although I haven't compared them side by side I would imagine that if you trim down the bracket that the pump attaches to you could probably make it work. The only issue I can think of might be that since the gauge float is "thinking" the tank is deeper than it really is you might get a reading of more than empty when the tank approaches empty. Why are you looking to run a DSM one? Did the fuel line snap off of your GVR4 one? If it did there is a really easy way to fix it.

John

onesickcrx

I just want to check befor I order the full blown double pumper I want to make sure its going to fit

atc250r

Staff member
If you're saying you want to buy a pre-made double pump set up for a 1G and use it in your GVR4 I would say don't. Its easy enough to make one yourself using the GVR4 sender.

John

onesickcrx

Well my sending unit isn't exactly perfect. I was thinking about replacing it and since I am going with E85 seemed to be a logical quick solution just thought it might be direct swap. I guess not then o well guess I will buy new sending unit and then set it up for 2 255's. unless full blown or someone else tells me it will fit...

onesickcrx

thanks thats the info I needed to see Ill keep everyone updated ill get intouch with full blown and get a exact length of there unit vs stock length see if it will need to be modified or direct swap I think it will fit tho /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

chucklesas

Did you ever find out if the Full Blown Dual Pump setup would work in the VR4?

onesickcrx

yep they do the pumps filters need to face foward towards the front of the car and you need to slide the pumps up a inch or so feel free to ask any questions

chucklesas

Would the -6AN be big enough for the fuel flow of 2 pumps? I'm guessing if I decide to go with the dual pumps in the near future I'd have to use the -6AN line as a return and install a -8AN for the feed.

onesickcrx

I am pretty sure you can use your stock lines if you want I have heard of people using them up too 400-500hp. A -8an feed and -6an return would be better to do in my opinion this way you do it once and get it out of the way. All depends on how much money your willing to spend and what your power/fuel goals are.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned