The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

19th Annual DSM Shootout Aug 20-21 2011 Norwalk, Ohio

IncorpoRatedX

Good work man! Almost there.

thecman02

Good to hear a quick tighten job did the trick!

GSX_TC

Quoting DR1665:
Rock on, Mike. You've got my number. If sh*t hits the fan between wherever the hell you are now and home, don't hesitate to give me a call so I can rally the troops. You done us all proud, making that drive the way you did. I've been going to the Shootout since 2003-4 and have never had the balls (or money) to make the drive.

Next year, we roll three deep out of Phoenix, will a full spares package and tools.

Hey thanks buddy! Sounds like a plan, maybe next year I can bring my VR4 again and my GST. Thinking about having a friend trailer out my GST while I follow in the VR4. That way I can do the Dyno day on Friday, autocross on sat and a couple of passes on Sunday. We should def all cruise out there together though man

Update: just got into Arizona. Gettin killer Miles to the gallon

Alainb7

I add 1200 miles on the car to go there! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Came from Montreal, Quebec, Canada with my Crazy canadian friends! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Everything went great!

Last edited:

GSX_TC

That white one is a real VR4?

Alainb7

A 2000GTX (Galant GSX) Same as VR4 exept 4G63NT, leather seat, ATX, 3 bolt read diff and no AWS.
The engine as been replace for a 4G63T, 4bolt LSD upgrade and transmission/Torque converter moddified.

IncorpoRatedX

i was going to try to find you and offer you a stock front bumper. The performance mods almost make the car cool, but i cant even stand looking at it with that front bumper.

Gombos

It was nice to meet you guys at the shootout!! We'll have to get a group together to go on an all galant cruise or something next year.

IncorpoRatedX

Quoting AlainB7:
Here is why I need this bumper...

doesnt justify it.

Man i didnt realize there were so many of us up there. sorry i missed most of you guys. I talked with who ever was selling the white JDM bumper. Hopefully ill meet up with the rest of you guys next year.

Jesse

DR1665

I'm going to assume Mike make it back to San Clemente. God. I bet the weather is nice there. (It always is.)

Mike Gombos, it was nice to meet you too. You've definitely put in the effort on that car. No way I would have suspected it was a barn find. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

I'm already talking to guys here in Phoenix about rolling out. Boostedinaz is starting to reassemble 1101, so maybe we'll make it happen. Don't think he's ever been to the DSMSO before. As everyone here knows, it's a good time.

mountaineerjeff

Quoting AlainB7:

dual trans coolers? and that oil cooler looks like it is begging to bottom out on something.

boostedinaz

Quoting DR1665:
Boostedinaz is starting to reassemble 1101, so maybe we'll make it happen. Don't think he's ever been to the DSMSO before.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Alainb7

Quoting mountaineerjeff:
Quoting AlainB7:

dual trans coolers? and that oil cooler looks like it is begging to bottom out on something.

I am french and my english is not perfect, I am not shure of whath you mean.

Yes is it 2 transmision cooler.
It is din plated oil cooler plug in serie. On the passenger side, the 2 oil cooler behind is the old cooler, I put it there because after install the 2 cooler I found that I didnt have the wright -an fitting, so I just ty-rap the old oil cooler there temporarely to o back home. The old cooler is no more there.

I had to have these cooler because my transmission was overheating. The Torque converter is a Hight stall one. (3800 rpm)so it is generating a lot of heat. And the 1G transmission doesn't have a lock-up, so torque converter always generating heat.

With 2 regular cooler (the one you see behing the passager din plated one) + the internal circuit in prestone rad, the temperature at output of Torque converter was at 240f at 70mph and didnt go lower. In city it was around 210f.(45mph)

With the 2 din plated oil cooler the temparature is now at 165f on higway at 70 mph and 150f in city (45mph)

The evo 9 FMIC as also have a lot of breathing VS the vr4 bumper. I can run 28psi of boost daily drive on my 16G EVO III turbo without any problem of knock.

IncorpoRatedX

look, you can try to justify that bumper any way you want, but it's not going to make any of us think it looks good.

put the two coolers above the fmic in line with the grill, put a stock vr4 front bumper on and i garuntee you'll cool adequately. There's no excuses for rice!

your sig says "go fast with class" take your own advice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alainb7

If you dont like it, ok, it is your choice, me I like it. How you are to tell everybody here not like it?
each person has his own taste, if we would taste all the same, life would be boring.

Dont be so smart with me!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned