The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1994 Eagle Summit

Ok, so I picked up this pretty clean 1994 Summit AWD for $150. Yes you heard correct $150. Now comes the 4G63t. But my question is, other then the 4G63t, 5sp trans, ECM. What other things would i need to complete this swap?

89Mirageman

I'm assuming its an auto? I've seen a few guys use the RVR trans in theirs and stay auto with a 4G63. 4g61t.org has a section dedicated to these things so there is a little more info on there. If you plan to do a manual swap I know a guy that may have a pedal and shifter assembly for the swap, again assuming yours is auto. I only guessed it was because the auto transmissions in these things are notorious for failing.

For $150 though, you stole this thing for sure. I paid $350 a few years back for a fwd auto with a bad trans and thought I got a good deal. They are super fun and practical for sure. I've owned a total of 4 so far.

Leon_R

The tranny is basically same as 2G AWD. The only difference is the size of viscous coupling.

But yes, that was a steal! I have seen rust free(ish) Summits selling $2000-$4000! It is probably worth $300-500 in scrap value /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Make sure to join Facebook group for these vans! It is pretty active!

Last edited:

thomcasey

Rear tranny roll-stop is also different, but I believe it can be swapped out between the tranny's.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts