The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1992 mitsubishi expo swap help

Leon_R

"6 bolt" refers to internal engine parts (actual number of bolts holding the flywheel to the crank), they are also called "big rod motors". They were made from 90 to 92. In 93 they switched to "small rod/7 bolt motors". It really has nothing to do with engine management or ECU type.

Having said that, I only use 6 bolt/big rod motors, because vertually NEVER crankwalk. While 7 bolt/Small rod motors do it fairly often...

omertaitalia

ya i know, you asked about the ecu style?,im saying it looks like a 1g but ive never seen a 2g so i couldnt tell you.

Last edited:

Leon_R

Next time you take your ECU plugs out, take a photo of them. But do not take them out on my account, I am just curious about '92.

omertaitalia

found some obvious issues,the brake booster is on the passenger side and the wiper motor is on the drivers side(opposite from a 1g dsm), hopefully no big deal, also there is a seperate wire harness that plugs into the headlight by the mas plug that contols the lights? ill find out alot more when i get the factory service manual.

Last edited:

Leon_R

The wiper motor has 4 wires controlling it, not a big deal. Just separated it from the engine harness and do not forget to reconnect it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

omertaitalia

just bought a complete service manual set on ebay for the van, starting to buy a lot of needed parts, once i get my galant running it'll really start.cant wait

omertaitalia

evan(paiutey)came over today and helped me get started, learned a lot and I'm excited I'm finally getting into her, more updates tomorrow

omertaitalia

Evan and I dropped the motor today!
IMG_1404.jpg

Last edited:

omertaitalia

Quoting Leon_R:
Then 1G ECU it is! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

But I am curious, what style of plugs does your ECU uses, 1G or 2G?

same as a 1g, pulled it today

omertaitalia

worked on her again a few days ago before we got a foot of pow up here in tahoe, i have the 1g 91 eclipse harness in, got the intake mani tapped for the map sensor, buying a ets street front mount this weekend for 350$ off craigslist just need to buy a fuel pump,spark plug wires,fuel pressure regulator,thermostat and a boost control solenoid and ill have all the parts together. excited and anxious but need some help.

What do i do to get her started, I'm using a 91 galant vr4 ecu w/ v3 ecm link full running sd, 1g 91 eclipse engine harness, a 91 galant vr4 mpi.I deleted the ac, car is all manual windows. so anyone have a idea of what i need to splice and where i should be splicing it?, I just want to get her runnnngi also have a 91 eclipse interior harness as well. i have a fsm for the expo as well.any help would be appreciated, I'm a electric newb, and all around turbo car swap newb(hondas).

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts