The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1991 vr4 1810/2000 400hp budget build

tsijohn333

Got a little bored and decided to make my sub box part of the car and make a solid trunk since i have no spare tire

GSX_TC

Quoting tsijohn333:
Also decided to tint my windows.

Lookin good in this pic. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tsijohn333

Now its time for my hx40 install. I had a little trouble with the oil drain clearing the motor mount bracket so i had to cut away a little. Heres what i did. Also i had to go with a civic half radiator.

GSX_TC

Nice pic, JDM bumper looks good on there.

tsijohn333

I didnt know at first how to mount my half radiator.... Then it came to me! I took the oem radiator brackets and mounted them under the car. And the radiator sits nice and flush! I used a little angle iron though for a support bracket on top. Not the cleanest or best looking bracket but its functional.

tsijohn333

I had to get a n/t water pipe to clear the huge ass compressor on the hx40. Well there was no water pipe fitting that goes to the oil filter housing on the n/t waterpipe so i cut both pipes in half. I think we can put two and two together lol.

I also put a pipe over the connecting hose to disperse heat away. Not to shabby!

tsijohn333

Santa came today /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

New mishimoto silicone radiator hoses and 14 inch mishimoto slim fan! Over heating now will not be an issue!

GSX_TC

I hope that half sized fan works for you because it didnt for me. atleast for DD use in traffic and sitting still for more then 5 mins. i now run an AFCO racing one and a spal fan and it can sit in the sun for 30+ mins with no issues.

transparentdsm

I would consider having that water pipe fixed properlly there is a lot of heat down there and you could get a leak that could ruin the motor before you would know what was happening.

EHmotorsports

I agree pay a shop $10.00 to have it welded.

tsijohn333

Im gonna get it welded tomorrow! Also i'm going to ditch the half sized radiator and get an afco one. My ac dont work anyways /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Is this the radiator that everyone uses in place of the ac condenser? click

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts