The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

#1948 a.k.a Stitch Progress thread

4Grim

Finally rebuilt the shifter assembly with some help from my buddy. I bought all the OEM bushings to rebuild the shifter but my buddy made his own kit using brass bushings which will pretty much last forever and provide a better feel. To fit the brass bushings we had to do some minor bore with a custom drill bit to fit. Also installed Torque Solution shifter base bushings to better improve shifter feel and accuracy. 

20160905_124034_zps8ms1jqgh.jpg

20160905_123948_zpslfvs65hy.jpg

20160905_124000_zpshtms1z0r.jpg

20160905_124054_zpsrtwdfpju.jpg

20160905_141420_zpscbd7bjis.jpg

4Grim

1948 is now sponsored by BC Racing and I have been working with them for about 2 months on getting the only set of their top of the line ZR series coilovers for the E39a Galant VR4. The highest model they offer to buy is the RM series so getting a set of ZR series made for GVR4 was pretty awsome. Along the way I have developed a great relationship with BC racing and they are definitely awsome people to deal with. It really helped that it got some social media exposure from the Mitsubishi official social media accounts and my feature on Gearbox magazine and several people at BC Racing are fans of the GVR4 and a couple actual fans of my car after seeing it on social media platforms. 

Here are some pics of the ZR series coilovers when they finally arrived...I can't wait to get these on.
20170424_180629-01_zps4zs6fup3.jpeg

20170424_180618-01_zpsb0tfiryn.jpeg

20170424_180602-01_zpsxlpdnkam.jpeg

20170424_180450-01_zpsfuji7yto.jpeg

citymunky

How are you going to plan on mounting the front reservoirs?

4Grim

As of right now these are the only set made for the E39a chassis. They do have a inverted production style for the GVR4 which is the the RM series...step above the BR series. I am going to work out details on maybe getting a run of these on a group buy once we get them dialed in after I install them and bring the car to BC racing.

The reservoirs I am exploring options to mount them nice and clean...I am NOT going to do the worm clamp route, that is not a option for me. I am planning to mount them on the Cusco strut bar, but looking for options to do it right.

I am a bit inspired by the 311 RS Evo X on how they mounted the reservoirs, its definitely a commitment to weld a bracket to the actual bar, but its clean and sturdy.

Larry_Chen_Speedhunters_Mitsubishi_311rs_evo_ryan_gates-28-1200x750.jpg

I am buttoning up a new intake mani install and some wire cleaning and still fixing some issues on the attempted break in to the car last year. I have to thank Nate for bringing me down some nice GVR4 interior pieces when he came down to vacation!

Before I slap these BC's on...I am going to apply some fresh rubber undercoating in the wheelwells.

Last edited:

4Grim

I haven't any time to work on the GVR4 lately as I am getting doing all the major maintenance on my new Montero. The past few Saturdays I go to my best friends shop where I had the Montero dropped off by the auto transport which is about 40 mins away from my house. I am also waiting on a long list of seals and other oem misc stuff to come in..most of the stuff is backordered. Along with that my sis in law had to have emergency C section and my new niece is a 6 month preemie, so been dealing with that.

Hopefully once I get the Montero running which I hope by next month, I am going to tackle the GVR4 and getting the coilovers on and start giving BC feedback and move forward on maybe getting a run of ZR series made for the E39a chassis.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts