The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

#1948 a.k.a Stitch Progress thread

4Grim

I have had no issues with the half radiator honestly, my temps stick around 180-190ish consistently. Its a Triple core Civic radiator if you are wondering.

The Maft/GM Maf is ok...I am kinda indifferent about it. Its a bit of a pain to try to tune it right, which after some time I got it tuned kinda decent to where the car runs pretty good right now. I am going to switch to V3 very soon and pretty sure I can dial in this car much better to its full potential.

Last edited:

GSX_TC

You gonna bring this car to the shootout this year?

4Grim

Well after 7-8 years I finally got to drive the car more than a mile from my house. The past few times I attempted something broke from a frozen caliper, ECU circuit board issue and recently wheel bearings going bye bye....the car drove with no issues.
Some say thats way too long to have the car up....that is fine, I don't expect everyone to understand what I went through but still kept the car. Only a few know what I had to go through and could appreciate my journey..but life took priority, and things like hobbies had to take a backseat for awhile.

It would sure great driving this car again though!
IMG_20151004_091155_zpsdigp4gn3.jpg

Morning drive video

Last edited:

bobdole

Nice clean ride. I am sure if feels good to drive her.

4Grim

My little sister is a aspiring photographer and decided to do a photoshoot of #1948 this weekend. Once she edits some shots and puts together a video presentation I will post it. In the mean time...here is a raw shot she took. I can stop staring at this pic, 1st ever rolling shot of the car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
8606_zpstbb2eb3x.jpg

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting 4Grim:
1st ever rolling shot of the car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
8606_zpstbb2eb3x.jpg

Nice!

GSX_TC

That AMG wing though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

4Grim

My sister and brother in law came to town on Columbus Day weekend for my dads bday so they spent a few days here in FL. My lil sister who is a aspiring photographer wanted to do a photoshoot of Stitch to try some new techniques, and camera accessories and add to her portfolio. I love how the pics came out, but like me or anyone who is trying to master their craft ..she isn't totally happy with them, but I really love how they came out. Here are a few shots but I will post several more on my Members showcase page.

8859_zps4wahfvdv.jpg

8841_zpsydfunrg8.jpg

G

Staff member
Looks great man /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Do we have the details on the wheel fitment? Looks quite nice without being ridiculous.

4Grim

The current tires you see on the pics are the ones that came with the wheels which are 205/50/17 Dunlops.

I will be installing my 245/40/17 Dunlop Direzzas from the Evo 8 enkies I had on before in a few weeks. I am pretty sure I will have to raise the car because right now with the current tires its fitting just barely and plus I want more of a meatier tire.

G

Staff member
I have a set of these waiting to powder coat. What about 215's?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts