The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1901/2000 has a new home and is getting a makeover!

GSNT

Last month I picked up 1901/2000 in Harrisonburg, VA. Since there are no big airports near there, I decided the easiest way to get to the car was to take an Amtrak from Chicago to Staunton, VA. I booked tickets with a sleeper room for my roommate and myself. We packed up our clothes, tools, and some alcohol and started the 19 hour ride.

We picked up the car and drove it back to my hometown of Louisville, KY to pick up my Ralliart from storage, fix the oil leak and check out everything for the rest of the journey. We had to stop every 75 miles to refill the 3 qts of oil it would leak out from what we were told was a front main seal. But upon inspection in Louisville, I found that the oil return line was broken. The shop that let me use the lift happen to have a brand new one from a Chinese knock off 16g. I repaired it, did a once over with everything else and headed down to Elizabethtown, KY to retrieve the Ralliart. On the way home, we found out that even an old, tired Galant VR-4 gets better highway mileage than a brand new Lancer Ralliart!

Now that she's back and registered, I sent her off to the PDR guy to have some work done on the exterior. I'm not trying to get it perfect, just looking decent to use as a daily driver. I'm buying my first home so the Ralliart car payment has to go bye-bye! I should have it back by this weekend and I'll take some after pics. I plan on tinting the windows, refinishing the wheels, leveling out the front bumper, and probably lowering it with 1g springs or something. I'll update the thread with pics of the progress.

PolskiVR4

Glad to see you in a VR4 again, I remember seeing your black one run at Battle of the Imports years ago.

dewman

Congrats on the purchase,Mr. Jones. I too would like to see pictures of your previous Galant. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif daily driver,huh. You know you gotta go quicker than Mark.

asmo

The car looks good, and sounds like u had a fun trip. I was gonna buy a new raliart but thought one of these would be funner and hopefully cheaper. I also had a gvr before it was white tho, now I got a nile black.

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Nice VR4 man

Mark

Quoting dewman:
Congrats on the purchase,Mr. Jones. I too would like to see pictures of your previous Galant. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif daily driver,huh. You know you gotta go quicker than Mark.

If only I had it anymore =)

looking good, i love to see the VR4's used for daily drivers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gifI'll also be cleaning up the exterior of mine shortly with some new paint.

GSX_TC

Thats crazy because thats how mine is crooked too, same place even, front passenger. you just cant tell on mine as much because its nile black but i can see it. let me know what you end up doing to get it straight because i'll more then likely have to do the same man.

GSNT

R134A conversion complete! Cold A/C just in time for 95+ degree June weather. Now I just need some window tint, new headliner, operational sunroof and I am ready to "Chill".

I have officially fell in love with this car now. I will be daily driving it until I close on a house with a garage to put it in. When that happens, I will start some major work on it to make it something you guys will enjoy watching. I realized it is a very straight and rust free foundation and even though it has some rough areas, it has major potential. I doubt I will get crazy powerwise like 1608/2000, but I will be doing some work to broaden my skills further.

Stay tuned fellas!

Last edited:

I've always wanted to travel out of state just to go "pick up" a car. I've never done a R12 --> R134a refrigerent conversion. Are those easy to do?

GSNT

Very easy. Screw adapter fittings on, evacuate any R12, and we have an A/C Machine so it does the rest.

GSX_TC

What all did u use to convert the system to R134a? Because I would like to do that too

strokin4dr

Quoting nvturbo:
I've always wanted to travel out of state just to go "pick up" a car.

I recommend it. I flew out to Seattle two years ago to pick up my RHD Mirage. Drove it cross country back to Savannah, GA. Was a hell of a trip, we had a blast. Stopped to see a few VR4 guys along the way and some national parks/monuments. Good times!

Last edited:

GSNT

Today I decided to see if my Inno Rack from my Ralliart would fit the Galant. Even though Inno's site says that it takes a smaller fairing, shorter cross bars, and different fit hooks, it fits rather perfectly!

GSNT

So Today I pulled the carpet out. Here is the before picture..

tn_IMAG0560.jpg

After cleaning, before dye..

tn_IMAG0596.jpg

After dye. It looks almost new!

tn_IMAG0600.jpg

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts