The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1781/2000 now in Antioch CA...

Lonewolf64

Quoting brunoboy:
i dont understand how you can say anything like that??? ^^^^ If we are still on the subject of a 16g running 12's than yha I agree with Junius, the reason being, I DO know that a 16g can run 12's but the fact of the matter is, why would I use a 16g when I can use ANOTHER BIGGER turbo to run the same, or even Faster with less boost???? I really dont see the point. I would rather be able to say that I hit 12's with 15 psi, rather than saying I ran 12's with 21 etc......

Yeah I guess if you want to just throw money at the problem instead of learning what the hell you are doing you are absolutely right. And once again, it is far more pimpin' to say that you have 35R powered car than a 16g, but when you get out there and run 12s on 35R people WILL laugh at you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Quoting boostedinaz:
It is for the education and experiance, something most new car people lack quite a bit of these days. Ever notice how all the DSM guys going really fast seem to start on 16G cars and work up to large turbos. They use the small turbo to get tuning experiance, laucnhing exparince, and so on. Everyone wants to start at the top without going through the paces and it shows.

Just like most they think (key word) that a big turbo equals a fast car. It doesn't and never will. As I said in my other debate with Uncle Ben if he or anyone else want to go out and run horrible times with large turbos then go right ahead, no one here is going to stop him. People will laugh at GT40 car knocking down a blistering 12 second pass but he doesn't seem to care so go for it.

This is exactly right. I'm so glad I modded my car the way I did, and do not regret for a minute not going "big turbo" like the cool kids. In fact, at first the objective was 12s on the stocker 14b with all the other boltons, but the stock turbo died at 165,000 miles after I did my fuel mods and turned up the boost to 17psi. When the stocker died, I got my 16g, and let me tell you, this turbo packs a punch. If you need proof then click here. click

uncleben4rice

Brian and Turbowop... you are both on the west coast... lets stop all this talking and bickering and do some VR4 drag racing this summer...and then I can show you how much I know about DSMs..it aint rocket science..big bank will always take little bank in racing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif... 16g hell.. neither one of you run 16gs in your cars now...you guys ought to quit that nonsense...NICE BIG TURBOS RULE...

boostedinaz

You're doing really well at proving how fast your bank can take you with your 10K in mods finally getting you into the 13's.

You're just not getting that bank accounts and fast muscle cars don't equal experiance when it comes to DSMs or GVR4s. Sorry dude.

Lonewolf64

Quoting uncleben4rice:
Brian and Turbowop... you are both on the west coast... lets stop all this talking and bickering and do some VR4 drag racing this summer...and then I can show you how much I know about DSMs..it aint rocket science..big bank will always take little bank in racing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif... 16g hell.. neither one of you run 16gs in your cars now...you guys ought to quit that nonsense...NICE BIG TURBOS RULE...

I want to see timeslips of your 13 second GT40 monster...so I can laugh. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

91GSR

i got an NA 4g63 that can break 15s if tuned properly...so a GT40 pushin 13s just makes me cry laughing...i am going to throw a 14b in my car and probably be able to roast u...this makes me happy.

JSchleim18

So when are you guys breaking away from the US? Soon I hope. You are pathetic. Good job. Let's go e-thuggin and call out someone who will down right beat you on a smaller turbo. I know people who have 10 second civic's, does that mean my 20G VR-4 automatically means 12's for me? Well probably for me but definitely not for you. You sir, are an idiot. I love the internet.

And to say a GT40 is better than a 16G is incorrect. In what sense do you mean it is better? Can it handle more HP? Yes. That's really the only advantage to a GT40. That and a ball bearing CHRA (if you know what that means). It's slower to spool, not as reliable, etc.

Last edited:

Sean92AWD

Quoting uncleben4rice:

I know of a few 14b/16g cars that run faster traps than some 35R+ cars. A member on here had one back in the day. Joe Bucci has gone 10.6 on a 14b and 9.9's on a EVO 3 in a FWD. Curt Brown went 10.5 on a 16g. I think Nate Crisman went 10's on a 14b with boneyard motors. Having the biggest turbo/setup on the block doesnt always mean your going too be the fastest.

CarRacer

Quoting uncleben4rice:
..big bank will always take little bank in racing

Now I know you're an asshole.

Talking about how much money you have and acting like a retard.

We used to mop up on "checkbook racers" all the time with our Late Model. Bank accounts only buy you the parts, it's takes skill and knowledge to go fast.

It saddens me to know you now own another VR4 and also enjoy classic cars. It cheapens my enjoyment of said cars to know such a large piece of sh*t enjoys the same things.

Brunoboy

alright lets see what happens this summer, so Vr4 match up

Last edited:

Brianawd

click
#7 in et and #7 in mph and doing it on a smaller turbo than most. I take great pride in being able to do that. That tells me I am getting the most for my money.

deez

sh*t, you guys just need to have a GVR4 shootout and quit the pissing contest. Whip it out and see who's is bigger and get it over with. And thanks UncleBen for the props on my car. And my ***** ass E16G /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif JK

THEKID

13 seconds on a gt40 we have a 2g street car that ran 12.4 on a sbr20g. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gifi guess its a good thing we didn't go for a big turbo apparently all they do is slow you down /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

fail2.jpg

good luck on the gvr4.. i wana see some videos. btw.. i love my evo3 16g.. its nice not having to wait 10 years for some big ass ferris wheel to spool up at 5500 rpms. I get full boost by 3000 rpms or sooner with the cyclone intake.. cant go wrong sonnn..also it is fun trying to max out a 16g..its not that big of challenge with a big turbo to make mad powerz. I like a challenge thats why i got the evo3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

mountaineerjeff

Quoting uncleben4rice:

Im totally, relatively, new here. BUT i have the ability to learn. thats what set humans apart from animals. Im kinda sad that you live so far away, id be more than happy to bet you some cash on my 16g. no turbo is any better then any other turbo, they all have different attributes. Ive always hated people that just buy fast cars then think they are cool. you can spend over ten times as much as me on a new car and I could garantee you that I would walk you. example.

money is great, intelligence is better

cOmpressor

Quoting mountaineerjeff:
you can spend over ten times as much as me on a new car and I could garantee you that I would walk you.

That is quite frankly the most retarded statement I've heard so far this year.

Brunoboy

LMAO^^^^^^ pwned

mountaineerjeff

Quoting cOmpressor:
That is quite frankly the most retarded statement I've heard so far this year.

Apparently you arent spending your money right.
I even gave you a fine example of a $200,000 getting spanked by a $5,000 crx.
everyone around here knows you can make cars fast without big money. look at TPG, college kids with a 8s 1100hp car, that is still driven on the street.

Last edited:

Are you talking about TPG owned by Nate?
I may be wrong but are you referring to their 2g?
As far as i know they haven't run 8s but the car is impressive that it still retains its streetability while clicking off low 9s.
I'm sure you know that Andrew and Nate are no more.

I'm just trying to elaborate on your comeback. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts