The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

16g

Hondakiller

y i ask is that i have the head off and fig. that ill put the 16g in when i put it back together and w8 till i get the maf injector and eprom to turn the boost up

A few things:

Stop talking in internet "text" language.

Second, search.

Third, you can run the 16g on a completely stock motor but I would leave it at stock boost pressures because our IC is inadequate on even the stock 14b.

mikus

14psi ***should*** be OK - you may run out of fuel (and clutch if stock) much past that.

boostedinaz

Quoting crankwalk:
A few things:

Stop talking in internet "text" language.

Second, search.

Third, you can run the 16g on a completely stock motor but I would leave it at stock boost pressures because our IC is inadequate on even the stock 14b.

Agreed on both of the above.

524of1000

You can run it stock motor, but will probably need to upgrade the fuel pump. I would highly recomend upgradeing the IC as well.

Whoodoo

Why? I understand that running equal boost pressure between the two seems like it wouldn't make a difference, but then what about efficiency, transient response, and overall flow capabilities? I don't know about you, but my stock 14b runs out of steam before redline. Perhaps a 16g won't?

belize1334

At 1 bar (~ 15psi) their respective efficiencies are indistinguishable. You won't know that you have a 16g 'till you hit ~17psi and you won't know which 16g you have until you hit ~20psi. If anything, the 14b has a smaller wheel and less inertia to spool so it will display faster response than any of the 16g variants.

Hondakiller

Quoting Whoodoo:
Why? I understand that running equal boost pressure between the two seems like it wouldn't make a difference, but then what about efficiency, transient response, and overall flow capabilities? I don't know about you, but my stock 14b runs out of steam before redline. Perhaps a 16g won't?

What psi. are you running?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned