The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1667/2000 Returns...

Vman911

Sad my car didn't sell for 6500. Thought that was a fair asking price...Oh well...I'll try again in 10 years..

Since I'm keeping it I picked up a used trans and xcase for less then 350.
Trans felt gritty so I opened it up and cleaned out crap and dead roach. I found viscus coupler cracked removed one from a 97 AWD trans I got here..Good to go. Put back together and installed...Test drove and shifts fine.. SAD part is I should have known better and replaced the seals..OUTPUT shaft seal leaking..So back out with it and remove top cover to get shaft out and I got all seals on order.

Shifter felt little sloppy to me so I removed it and ordered all new bushing..Sandblasted it and powder coated it gloss black. Came out good

found power steering rack leaking...Thank god for a friend with 2 wrecked vr4's. picked up another rack for free. new boots, fresh paint and ready for install. I may rebuild my other one.. seal kit is 110.00 OEM.

I'll be powder coating a thermostat housing I got here thats xtra in gloss black and putting up for sale soon..keep eyes out for it.

I may sandblast the rims and re-powdercoat them in bronze...I just did my bmw rims in gloss black and they came out good. SEE PIC too bad I cant do bigger then 17's. Anything bigger wont fit in oven.

img.php

pot

Staff member
I'll second that Doug. I'm glad you decided to keep it. Getting harder and harder to maintain the old school fellas. -Is the trans you replaced the same one I sold you back in '08?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned