The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1635/2000 Build up thread!

stealthtt24

It's finally in! Spent some of my day off getting this bad boy secured, not much fun doing it by yourself! My calipers are done being painted and the front knuckles will be done Friday. Hoping next week I can have the brakes hooked up and have the car off jackstands. Then I'll start getting things hooked in the engine!

IMAG0107.jpg

stealthtt24

Finally got my calipers back from my friend. Unfortunately he hasn't finished my front hubs so I have to wait to install the front calipers. Got the rears bolted on and the only thing that concerns me is the lack of play for the SS line from the caliper to where it bolts on at the strut. I'll get some pics of that and the install this weekend. Also, I forgot to give him the rear caliper brackets to paint so they mismatch /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

IMAG0108.jpg

IMAG0109.jpg

Last edited:

stealthtt24

Thanks for the compliments guys. Got my knuckles back from my friend all painted, that was about the only good news.

IMAG0131.jpg

Attempted to throw these bad boys on and ran into a few problems. First, the bolts that go thru the spindle and hold the caliper brackets on are gone and cannot be found. No biggie, trip to ACE solved that. Second, my f***ing tie rods don't fit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif . I could take a pic but basically the space after the thread will not go thru the knuckle. I keep all car receipts and ill have to look that over again. Third, when I try and tighten down my ball joint nut, the thread keeps spinning. Just did a search and saw that I need to jack up on the control arm then tighten. Two problems down one to go...

stealthtt24

Got some work done on the turd. I would be done with the brakes but I lost two caliper bracket bolts so I have to wait till Monday cause I work this weekend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif The two biggest problems I've found (this is my first rebuild/project undertaken) is lost bolts and waiting on parts!

Didn't have a driver side axle so ordered an A1 Cardone axle from Rockauto, sweet! Got the driver side brakes all bolted up and installed the passenger side axle. Now just waiting on the bolts to finish the passenger side brakes, then the axle. Once that's all set I will source a grease gun, bleed the brakes, and I will finally get to start under the hood!

IMAG0132.jpg

Last edited:

alansupra94

Should have bagged and labeled parts/bolts. That what I do so I don't lose things.

So far so good man. I plan to swapping out the brakes on my GVR4 to something nicer when I have to do the bearings.

stealthtt24

I did, the problem came when I would take on a section of the car (ie the rear brakes) and I would assume it would take one day. It wouldn't, and I ASSumed I would remember what bolts went where.

stealthtt24

To do list as of 03/29/11:

-Hook up clutch master/slave connections
-Install transfer case
-Hook up all loose connections
-Extend alternator plug
-Order 45 degree fitting for line to fuel rail
-Install radiator and intercooler/piping
-Attach front/rear bumper securely
-Fill oil, transmission, coolant, transfer case fluids

To do after start up:
-Boost leak test
-Tune!
-Install pods and gauges (boost, wideband, oil pressure, water temp)
-Relocate battery to trunk
-Fab cold air intake
-Install radio and GReddy boost controller
-Window tint!
-Install Evo 8/9 shocks/springs
-Install meth injection
-Switch to SD/buy Dsmlink V3

As you can see, after the car starts, I still have a lot to do. My main goal is just to get it driveable then worry about all the other little stuff.

Last edited:

stealthtt24

Got a few things done so far today, would like to get so more knocked out since its nice outside. Installed the driver side axle, fixed my loose ebrake cable (although the driver side seems to still not be working...), and bled the front brakes. Here she is after a much needed bath...

IMAG0183.jpg

IMAG0187.jpg

IMAG0184.jpg

IMAG0185.jpg

IMAG0186.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts