The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1635/2000 Build up thread!

stealthtt24

I was bored today so I went over to the Galant and changed the lug nuts and ripped most of the old carpet out, getting it ready for the new one. Also, picture of the previous owner or someone who removed fuel sending unit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif where is the plug that goes into the sending unit?

As you can see in the pictures (and cant since I snagged them all, hehe) there was a ton of change under the carpet. Its not as bad and the picture of the driver side rear, its not as bad, that yellow stuff is the stuff under the carpet that stuck to the floor, ill be cleaning it up. How do you think this looks guys? Also the pics at the end identify where the wires go that I thought previously to be an SAFC, what the hell is it?

Driver side front
Picture324.jpg

Driver side rear-not as bad as it looks
Picture325.jpg

Passenger side front
Picture326.jpg

Passenger side rear
Picture327.jpg

Water level maybe?
Picture331.jpg

Missing fuel sending unit, wheres the electrical plug?
Picture332.jpg

Here are the hanging wires, notice the big black thing...
Picture328.jpg

It just leads to these two plugs, and has been cut off?????
Picture329.jpg

turbowop

That doesn't look too bad.

As far as those wires with the black sheath, follow them to where they splice into the ECU harness and remove them so you can get rid of that thing. It's of no use without an AFC. Just make sure you insulate wherever those wires were spliced on the factory harness and if the O2 wire was cut/spliced make sure you splice it back together like stock.

Last edited:

StarionESIR

Thats definately a SAFC harness. If you arent doing anything with it, can I have it? I bought an SAFC last year and the wires were cut real short.

stealthtt24

Sure! I didnt know it had those 2 plugs though, ill pull it out, PM me your address...

stealthtt24

Quoting h82lose91:
Is that the same car Ian had pics of in the waist deep water?

Possibly, do you got the picture or know where I can see it?

h82lose91

Well it was under his image uploads on his website but it looks like his hosting has been suspended. There was a pic of him standing next to it during the storms we had. It was at his house and nearly waist deep.

stealthtt24

Well I cleaned up the floor and plan on putting the carpet down as soon as I get a rubber grommet to cover the hole. Picked up some interior pieces for it too so it looks a lot better inside! I found a sick 89 mirage black steering wheel too that I will be installing (hopefully) and now I gotta figure out what to use to paint the brown under dash and im debating if I want to grab an 89 glove box from the junk yard.

Picture437.jpg

Picture438.jpg

Picture439.jpg

Picture440.jpg

slugsgomoo

just take a piece of the correct color plastic to autozone and get some of the duplicolor interior paint that matches as close as possible.

It's a fairly cheap solution that will look vastly better than brown. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Not sure if you'd still be interested but I do have a very clean carpet available...

stealthtt24

Pretty good, I installed the carpet and the front evo seats need to be bolted in. Fuel tank was treated and the only major things I have to do are order and install the STM fuel line kit, clean under the hood, get 2 front axles, swap the 4 bolt rear i have in, and drop the motor! I will get some pics when the car gets towed to my new storage unit. I guess if the mods want they could move this to the general section as I could make this my build thread!

stealthtt24

Here are the pictures of the fuel tank before and after, only cost $100 to get cleaned and painted!

before

Picture470.jpg

Picture471.jpg

after

Picture486.jpg

Picture487.jpg

Picture488.jpg

Picture489.jpg

stealthtt24

Just got some simple green, extention cords, and a fire extinguisher at wal mart so tomorrow ill post some pics of before and after engine bay shots.

stealthtt24

Here are after pics of me going to town with simple green maxx. The car still needs a few things. Need to get some 4 bolt rear axles, a passenger front axle, have my friend finish cleaning the 4 bolt rear then swap that in, receive and install the STM fuel tank to fuel rail kit, then the motor will be ready to drop in!

digicampics005.jpg

digicampics006.jpg

digicampics007.jpg

Still needs a bit of interior work like bolting in the front evo seats, getting the old steering wheel off, hooking up the gauges (still have to buy them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif ) and painting some interior pieces!

Redlinegvr4

Picture328.jpg

those wires are from the SAFC that was stolen out of the car. you can just remove them... glad to see the car coming along. keep me posted.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned