The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1458 and 539 what ID to use. Ethical Opinions.

OpticalPhenom

So i recently purchased 1458 as a rolling shell. I then purchased 539 as a parts car to fix 1458. The question i have now is what number should i call the car? I think it's opinion based and i am interested in your opinions. 539 it's completely destroyed as a shell and will never be repaired. I am pulling EVERYTHING from it though down to carpet and chasis wiring.

Last edited:

prove_it

Problem solved.

Lancer99

Nope its 1997. Thats the answer when you add them up.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Original badge # should stay on the car it originated on, imho.

BTW, send me the badge/VIN combos please.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I do have one, but I have not been attentive to it for a few years. Need to get back to it. The original goal is to assign numbers to each VIN and track cars still patrolling the planet. Many are scrapped or other without my knowledge though.

slugsgomoo

the coolest thing about 1991's is the numbers over 1000, since there is only one of them. I assume there's a 461/2000 which makes 461/1000 less unique.

Plus, imagine how much less cool 1051 would be if there were two of them? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsught.gif

OpticalPhenom

I have decided i agree with what the majority have said and the car will be 1458. It's still I the prices of trying to become a car again right now though.

LIV4PSI

Glad you're making some progress. And thank you for keeping the original badge with it's chassis /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned