The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

138/2000

transparentdsm

So I got some Evo side skirt things from a friend for free and installed them. I also bought some JDM bumpers, projector fogs and JDM fender blinkers for the car. I'm slowly piling parts and one day the car will be running. I hope by the end of the summer.

img.php

fuel

JDM fender blinkers?

fuel

good luck with that! they are only low light LED bulbs that glow green at night to show where the corners of the car are for parking.

transparentdsm

I picked the hood up from a guy in Portland.

Fuel - bummer, I honestly didn't know they were marker lights, I guess I'll give it a shot and see how it works/looks and if not I'll use the USDM marker lights as blinkers.

Lesac

I suppose you could find some sort of universal side markers and put them on top of the fenders as indicators. Im sure it would be possible to retrofit LEDs or something into the jdm corner markers but it may be more costly than its worth. Nice hood btw

fuel

Why not just use the JDM facelift corner lamps as they were originally intended to be used for - as turn signals?

transparentdsm

Cause I never looked into how they were done on a JDM car. I was going to use/go with what worked and what will be easiest to set up. Now that I know, I'll probably use the USDM corner lamps as blinkers. I think that's what I did when I installed the JDM bumper on my last vr4.. can't remember.

transparentdsm

Not really sure if I want to start a new thread or just double up on this one, but for now I'll be adding here.

Tomorrow I will be getting another VR4.
It's 152/1000. Can't find any info in the boards about the car though.

My buddy was at work one day and someone backed into him and crunched the rear a bit and pushed it into a concrete pillar. It already had a salvage title, but it was due to the old man that owned it sent it to the junk yard because 2nd gear had blown it's self apart. It's a KG and has working R12 in it.

Currently it runs and drives good and the damage isn't bad. I plan to do an EVO8/9 upgrade(injectors, fuel pump, maf, intercooler, stock frame larger turbo like 16g, 2.5" exhaust with a large resionator, vibrant muffler and a burnt chip to accommodate), replace bushings and suspension parts that are needed and just daily it.

Here is some of the damage. And a quick peak under the hood. Once I get the car I will load a bunch more photos.

transparentdsm

Thanks Mark. I was kinda thinking the same thing. My body/paint guy said should be an easy fix as well. So a little project, but nothing serious.

transparentdsm

Well been collecting parts for 138 again. Pretty good pile going. Fic 2150 cc injectors, gear driven twin disc, fp manifold, pte 3431 ball bearing turbo, a1000 fpr, fuel lab fuel filter, eprom ECU with link, 1.6L cylinder head, beehive springs, titanium retainers, 4" custom intake, moroso oil pan and I'm sure other stuff I'm just forgetting.

Gvr41415

Wow its really nice seeing my old car 1415/2000 as it now great job and what a steal for the price. After all the stuff i did to it i sold it to the kid in elko for 4500 before i moves to cali. Heard he blew it and wanted to get it back but never heard about it again. Pretty sure i bought some parts from you when i was building this.

transparentdsm

Yeah this car was a complete mess when I first got it. Right now it's actually awaiting a new power plant. I am considering selling the car as a rolling shell though. I have a lot of projects and not all the time I need right now.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned