The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1332/2k the new daily!

stealthtt24

I must be a glutton for punishment as I just picked up my new daily, 1332/2000. Here's the links for the for sale ads...

click
click

Picked it up earlier in the evening and started to drive it home. Had a funny noise coming from the driver side while test driving it but we assumed it was the axle. Well, I'm about to pull into a gas station and I start thinking, hmmm... I think the lug nuts need to be tightened. Just as I pull in I see a lug nut go flying /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I pull over and 3 of the nuts went flying off, thankfully the studs are OK for now, going to get them replaced in the future. Found 2 in the road and took off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Made the 80 trip home OK but it needs some TLC. Tomorrow's list is as followed:

-wash & wax with interior clean, tuck alarm out of the way
-fix powering steering pump leak (99% sure its the 2 orings)
-order or figure out how to mock up battery tie down as its just laying their /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif
-replace valve cover with spare hyundai one
-install rear passenger window switch
-install 89 tails
-replace ghetto wire crimps and solder connections

Things on order/need to find and will be installing in the next few weeks:

-front motor mount & bracket (completely missing)
-tint appointment on Monday
-source rear driver side dog leg
-boost leak test
-install front oem springs/agx's
-find 2g heatshield
-block off FIAV, boost leak test, test IAC to fix small idle surge
-source 92 grille

The engine bay is no where near where I'd like it. Going to throw a k&n filter, powdercoat the two intercooler pipes, and degrease/pressure wash the bay. Also wanna track down some radiator support brackets as the ones with the car were junk...

On to the pictures! Sorry for the crappy pics, it was getting dark and I suck with my cell phone camera.

IMAG0221-1.jpg

IMAG0222-1.jpg

IMAG0226.jpg

IMAG0223-1.jpg

IMAG0224.jpg

And the extra parts that I will be posting for sale... 3speed scatter shield, front eibach springs...

IMAG0225-1.jpg

Last edited:

89Mirageman

Congrats Mark, glad the car is in good hands now. I was actually interested in that thing way back when it was for sale up in Va but the price was a lot higher I think. If that intermediate shaft in the trunk is for sale let me know. I need one for the colt.

DR1665

Daily driver cru +1
(Suck it, JSB gang-bangers!)

stealthtt24

Thanks Chris, the intermediate shaft is yours. I need quite a number of parts and you might have a few, I'll pm you. Daily driving this thing rocks! Other than a few issues its so much more fun and I've already gotten a few compliments /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'll pm you on the radiator brackets!

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Congrats on the buy, glad she's in good hands and still on the road.

stealthtt24

A little update. The car is still far from where I want it to be, but closer. Heres how the engine bay looks without the black heatshield I have since installed as well as a cleaned up throttle body.

IMAG0261.jpg

Since owning it I've replaced the front tires with new matching ones, new air filter, sent throttle body off to throttlebodys.com to get cleaned and fixed of leaks, new inner and outer tie rods with alignment, ball joints, front shocks with stock springs and new bushings, tinted the windows, and 2g shifter with leather boot. I still need to fix the a/c, detail the interior, fix the boost leaks, redo the recirculation (fell off and cars runs funny with it capped off), install the front mount (finally bought one with bolts), source some radiator brackets, and throw the badges back on. In the future I want to get black wheels for it but I still have a laundry list of things to do! I'll get pics of the exterior after a wash and the badges are on.

stealthtt24

It is, its very flimsy and was held on by zip ties. Going to cut and weld the recirulation provision to line up with the bov, then just have it connected by a rubber hose.

moidsm1

Did chris buy the Intermediate shaft? I know someone who needs one.

stealthtt24

Finally got a local dsm'er to come over and fix the A/C. Fixed the recirculation, got dual tips put on and just need to wash it and clean the interior up again. Will post some pictures tomorrow. Still need to track down the boost leak...

Last edited:

stealthtt24

Picture I took the other day. She will be up for sale in the next 6 months as I am going to either a Genesis or M3 as a daily soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

010-2.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts