The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1036/2000

Hey everyone!

I'm new to this wonderful site, I have found alot of good stuff on this site.
I finally got My GVR4 like i always wanted..I'm not not new to Galants..I've owned
over 7-8 7th gen Galants i lost track..i did do the 4G63T swaps into some of those.
i do have a bit of knowledge on those..However the Galant i have now is Super clean on the outside..
However from the inside it's not so great. The seats wasn't bolted down front or back. NO seatbelts(ALL CUT).
Centerbox was loose wires hanging out..Rust marks on the carpet from the rollcage..But I'm currently looking Forward to putting this car back together the way it's supposed to be.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I don't have Alot of money to spend on my project all at once. But i will try my hardest!

I will keep you updated as the more i put it together..AS of right now i got the inside completly gutted out.

Here's some pictures of my ride.

l_8d8e8110346942d38ac231f585541089.jpg

l_faaff4a8d5494b74855efb56f3764177.jpg

l_f88a96d12d3c455c9a5463ddaf17eb72.jpg

l_6a493b95c5df46eaaf6f83820ea1088f.jpg

l_3808074996be484b81e80179be407557.jpg

l_b5152f1f4adc4463a71f0ede03f15189.jpg

l_0465d831cd6d42e88dff3c7e7a0a7ad5.jpg

l_7d14810d6b31461b89ef9567eb0e2583.jpg

l_6ca97c70ec334e17ad38d17da2f1d978.jpg

Welcome. Many of us know this car from PO. The galant with the EVO kit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Looks like you got your work cut out for you. Good luck.

AnotherNewb

Roll cages make me drool!!! Love the hood and the Evo spoiler, others may not. Is this the car that had the Honda Evo wanna be front bumper? What is your build theme going to be? Stock, not stock, drag, autox? Lots of potential for everything, but stock. Good luck with the build and undoing the PO's hack jobs.... Lots of time fixing little things. Oh, and welcome to the best forum on earth!!!

raptorWagon

Welcome, hopefully this car is in good hands now.

Yes it's the same car, previous owner ended up being shady.
here's an old pic of it for the new guy
101789-0-0-0.jpg

AnotherNewb

Screw you guys, I like that kit. I get so bored looking at the same GVR4 bumpers, we only have 3 choices for bumpers and I think that that Honda accord bumper was genius. Hate all you want, but I have always liked to stand out and be different...

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that this was the blend in and look like everyone else forum /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

The side skirts look like ass.

Last edited:

turbowop

Quoting AnotherNewb:
I'm sorry, I didn't realize that this was the blend in and look like everyone else forum

If you'd rather be in the "look like every other ricer" camp, that's your prerogative.

raptorWagon

Quoting AnotherNewb:
Screw you guys, I like that kit. I get so bored looking at the same GVR4 bumpers, we only have 3 choices for bumpers and I think that that Honda accord bumper was genius. Hate all you want, but I have always liked to stand out and be different...

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that this was the blend in and look like everyone else forum /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

The side skirts look like ass.

I guess Squares can be more aerodynamic if you add ridiculous body kits to them.....If you want an early Evo go find one, but don't ruin a GVR4 by trying to make it into something it's not!

AnotherNewb

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif My opinion is garbage /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Jaja That kit is horrible I wouldnt put that on my enemies car. If you wanna stand out and be different thats the way to go. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Thanks everyone for your input!!
I been working way to much to get on latey.

Yeah i don't care for the whole body kit.. but I will say i like the hood and wing.
Which PO are you talking about??

I'm gonna go back for the whole Stock look, but with the slighty modded look.
The rolcage I'm still debating about keeping.. it look's sweet, but Why do I need it haha.

I do however have my work cut out for me, But It's looking way better..Now that i have seatbelts again!

Diego

Previous owner is darksideauto on here... I bought a tranny from him jjust fine... others got burned. Glad I'm not one of them....

Otherwise my 2 cents... I like the galant with accord evo kit... yes it was a hack job but I would kill for that hood... if you want to go back to stock I will go back out there and trade you straight up my nb hood for that evo hood.

Yeah I used to get part's all the time from him, i didn't get burned until now..Cause i still don't have my turbo block/or head..

Oh well there's plenty out there..

What colors the Hood??

Quoting AnotherNewb:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif My opinion is garbage /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif mmmyeah. yeah it is.

AnotherNewb

You sir, have no room to speak. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

^^ C man(anothernewb) your my bro to the core man, and beyond. We've been through alot of sh*t, but IMO, the panda is hottness. I love the throw-back shoe's, and the two-tone/CF. Opinions are like assholes though. Alot of times, people hate defacing the gvr4's stockness.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts