The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

02 Volvo s40 rims

mace

Does anyone know if these rims fit? It is the same bolt pattern 4×114.3. I just wanted to know if the middle part (or whatever the center hole is called) is wide enough to fit. I bought some rims off an old Hyundai Elantra awhile ago and it was the same pattern but I had to hone them out a little to slide on. So just wanted to see if anyone has used the Volvos or not. Thanks

transparentdsm

It's called center bore and yes they fit. A member on here has done it. Look up Tom's turbo garage on YouTube and find his Galant build. Wheels and tires will be one of the videos if I remember correctly.

fuel

The S40/V40 rims are a perfect fit because they are made for Mitsubishi hubs to begin with. The 1st gen S40/V40 is a Mitsubishi Carisma (European version of the Lancer/Mirage) under the skin.

transparentdsm

That is really cool information fuel, I wish we had more interesting cars like other country's do.

Last edited:

fuel

To be honest the Carisma was a big flop. Why they named something with dreary looks and boring performance a 'Carisma', I will never know.

mitsubishi-carisma-1-8-gdi-lx.jpg

mitsubishi-carisma-side-1-118438.jpg

The Carisma went on to form the basis of the Proton Waja where one model was even sold with the FTO's 6A12 DOHC V6 engine.

1200px-2009_Proton_Waja_CPS_1.6_Premium_in_Petaling_Jaya%2C_Malaysia_%2802%29.jpg

G

Staff member
Does anyone know what volvo these are from? They look very rally spec. I have them for sale.

volvo.png

fuel

Are they 4x114.3mm PCD? If so will be a lesser model first gen S40/V40. I think the only other 4 lug Volvos were the 300 / 400 / 480 series which I didn't think made it to the US? They are 4x100mm PCD anyway.

G

Staff member
Yes 4 x 114.3. I can't figure out what model they are from. 16" i think.

fuel

They can only be from a first gen S40/V40 then.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts