The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

SOLD!!!!!!!!!FS: 91 GVR4 #1736 -128k miles - clean ext/int, ZERO rust $3500 - CA

SOLD!

Car: 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 (#1736/2000)
Mileage: 128,XXX
Owners: 3 - 1st owner owned car for 1yr, 2nd Owner owned for 19 years
Exterior: Very Clean - Has some scratches/dings any 20yr old car may have
Interior: Very Clean - No rips/tears and dash has NO cracks
Rust: ZERO rust on body or underbody

Finally getting back out of the hard economy and thinking of getting back into an STi. After owning Subarus, I couldn't settle with a non-turbo, non-awd car anymore. So that's how I ended up with the VR4. I may just keep it and have it on the side, but cash never hurts these days either.

I bought this car from a lawyer who owned the car for 19 years! He bought it in '92 when the car was 1 yr old and NEVER modified it. The low mileage is because this was his spare car and he drove an M3 (e46) as his daily. The car was definitely well taken care of and has quite a few recent maintenance done such as new timing belt/water pump at purchase. New rear brakes/rotors, tie rods (front), axles (front), control arm (right front), and new radiator (and of course fluids/hoses/thermostat).

The engine is original and showed compression of 150-155 across the board. Transmission does not grind and the car drives very well. It has had the turbo timer installed since the 2nd owner purchased it, which is why the car's original turbo is still in such great shape.

It has a sunroof and although it has a cd player with 6 disc changer in the trunk, I still have the original radio as well. This has ZERO rust on the body or on frame underneath. It's really in a great shape aside from normal scratches here and there from being 20 yrs old.

The roof rack pictured will not come with the car as it is already claimed.

One thing extra that WILL come with the car is an extra set of wheels with studded tires on them. I took this to the mountain to snowboard once this winter and while all the cars were stuck because of ice (snow that melted and refroze overnight) on the roads, I zipped right on by. It was great...never slipped at all.

Because of all the recent maintenance and how well the car has been taken care of, I am not going to entertain anything less than the asking price. If no one offers it, I will just keep it and garage it and use it as the emergency car when my daily is in the shop.

Thanks!

P1000980.jpg

P1000979.jpg

P1000978.jpg

P1000977.jpg

P1000976.jpg

P1000975.jpg

P1000974.jpg

P1000973.jpg

DSC04701.jpg

DSC04709.jpg

DSC04710.jpg

DSC04713.jpg

DSC04714.jpg

P1000536.jpg

DSC04716.jpg

P1000643.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

maxash0775

Great looking car. Can you send pics of interior. Also, how much does a roof rack like that go for, it looks good on the car.

I am very interested in the car, if it is still for sale near the end of April I will be able to come take a look at it.

Car looks clean, I'm gonna have to start saving up again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif. If no one buys this by the summer, I'll have to find time when this semester is done around May. Keep us updated on the car. Interior pics, engine bay, trunk, ect. A/C and AWS work? Any leaks?

Thanks for all the comments. Rook rack seems to be generally around $250 depending on what comes with it. In this case, it's a lot more since it comes with the mitsubishi OEM rack, Thule fairing, surfboard rack, snowboard rack, bicycle rack.

There are no leaks at all. I park it mostly in my garage and have a nice clean garage floor. It also doesn't burn oil as each 3k oil change shows no drop in oil levels...I also do not push the car either so that would explain it. :p

AWS is still in tact as well and functions.

I DO have interior pictures but will have to find it as it wasn't uploaded online like I thought it was. I also have an engine bay shot but need to find that as well.

Will update pics soon.

Ok, I updated the pics. I'll email them to those who asked.

Responded to all PM's as well.

mikus

+1 not to clog up your FS but what he said ^ if you were close I'd be looking it over now

Son of a.... This is how you create a for sale ad, nice clear up-to-date pics with a well thought out description. Bravo.

If we had not just bought a new-to-us daily driver I would jump on a plane tomorrow am and come buy your car. I need a suv now though, something that will tow a small trailer and quad.

Good luck witht he sale, clean rust free unmolested vr4's are becoming hard to find.

Replied to all messages, and thanks for all the comments.

Some have asked where the turbo timer is. When previous owner installed it way back when, he had it installed in the center console hidden away. If anyone wants pictures of it, I can take it and post here.

Unfortunately, the STi I was buying had issues and I backed out of the deal so cannot sell the car immediately unless I can find a cheap temp car while I search out the perfect STi again. If anyone who's showed interest is very keen on buying the car immediately, I can postpone getting the STi (since I take my time buying cars...I don't just buy any car I find...always have a full inspection done on them) and just buy a cheap grocery getter for now.

stealthtt24

You need to teach some people on how to make a for sale ad, CAUSE THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT. If you were in Florida this car would be mine. GLWS!!!

Thanks! I replied to more PM's. I know the first 4 guys who want it all want to put deposits to hold it, but obviously I cannot take deposits from everyone. So I decided not to take any deposits for now but will base it on the order in which I was PM'd/messaged. I am trying to find a cheap replacement for now, something that I can still keep on the side for when either mine/wife's car breaks down since I know I will not immediately find the right STi. I apologize for those who expected to get this immediately as I only posted this believing I was picking up an STi that day.

Regarding the idle surge, it has been fixed. It was a leak in the BISS screw and also the ground to the power steering pump came lose. Once those items were caught and fixed, the idle is perfect again. Thanks again to my great mechanic - nice catch on the p/s pump ground!

Again, I apologize for jumping the gun and posting this ad if I wasn't completely ready to sell it. The car I was purchasing didn't work out. I will update this once I find a replacement whether it be a junker or STi.

Thanks!

4orced4door

Quoting stealthtt24:
If you were in Florida this car would be mine. GLWS!!!

I was thinking the same thing!

I call bs. No way, you actually *finally* bought a galant? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

From the look of this ad you picked a good one.

Quoting VR4ownzU:
I bought it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Can OP confirm this? I really had my eye on this car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts