The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

where i can find or buy the 5 plug conversion?

Hi every one i have the question like the topic say i want to conversion my stock GVR4 4plug to 5plug wheels.

WaRrIoRs16

You can get the parts from a 1g AWD. I have also seen a few members list the entire swap for sale in the classifieds. There are part lists in some of these threads as well as instructions on how to complete the swap. 5 Lug Swap 5 Lug Swap with ABS

CSMShaun

If you do not have the desire, experience or tools to do the swap to 5 lug DSM parts you could always use an adapter plate such as this: click

The pictures on that posting are not accurate but the item description is.

IncorpoRatedX

where would the 5th plug go? we only have 4 cylinders...

dsm10o0

I have the front 5 lug swap. all you need is to find the rear. Im in San Jose, CA also. Hit me up with a PM if your interested.

BrandonEchols

Quoting Alpha Male:
where would the 5th plug go? we only have 4 cylinders...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

AnotherNewb

It goes before the muffler. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

flames.jpg

steve

:facepalm:

CSMShaun

A legitimate thread with a legitimate question ruined yet again by thread-jackers.

To keep the ABS you should be able to knock the tone ring off of the GVR4 spindle and press it onto the DSM spindle.

IncorpoRatedX

says a 2010 member with 76 posts.

Legitimate threads, have legitimate titles, with proper spelling. Any questions in this thread could have been answered by USING THE SEARCH FUNCTION.

Last edited by a moderator:

CSMShaun

Quoting Alpha Male:
says a 2010 member with 76 posts.

Legitimate threads, have legitimate titles, with proper spelling. Any questions in this thread could have been answered by USING THE SEARCH FUNCTION.

I do not believe my post count or join date should have anything to do with the ridiculous amount of thread jacking that takes place on this forum. This is not the only DSM/GVR4/CSM forum that I am a member of. This is, however, the forum that I frequent the least due to the lack of proper moderation.

I also think a legitimate reply should have legitimate grammar: "Legitimate threads have legitimate titles with proper spelling." There is no need for the comas.

I am also fairly certain that by using the search function you would not find an answer to this question that is anything like what I suggested. You would only find information regarding how to obtain 5 lug hubs and how to swap them with the 4 lug hubs.

IncorpoRatedX

click

click

click

click

your ebay link is completely idiotic. Wheel adapters 'work' but there's a much more effective manner available. Telling people to cut corners is real helpful...?

Last edited by a moderator:

CSMShaun

Yes it is helpful for someone that does not have the experience, tools, or desire to disassemble their drivetrain. The link to the eBay item was a means to show the original poster what I was referring to. It is neither cutting corners nor idiotic to use wheel adapters.

Quoting CSMshaun;
"the forum that I frequent the least due to the lack of proper moderation."

I think the Mods on this site are pretty badass! Also one of most knowledgable and informational, not to mention intertaining forums I've been on.
Just my .02

BrandonEchols

Quoting CSMShaun:
Yes it is helpful for someone that does not have the experience, tools, or desire to disassemble their drivetrain. The link to the eBay item was a means to show the original poster what I was referring to. It is neither cutting corners nor idiotic to use wheel adapters.

I don't consider the 5-lug swap difficult...if you can't figure it out from the threads here + the VFAQ, then you probably shouldn't own a GVR4.

And you don't have to "disassemble" your drivetrain - so I'm not sure what that comment was about, maybe I have a different idea of what it means to "disassemble" the drivetrain than you do though.

And lastly, yes - using wheel adaptors is both cutting corners, and idiotic...particularly so when the proper way to do things is as simple as it is.

And the mods here are awesome.

/Thread.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned