The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Clock and Radio not working properly! ACC related!

alansupra94

Well after spending some time actually working on the galant (got the majority of things cleaned up), I started tackling the power problem that I have.

Right now, the dome light, clock and radio don't seem to work. I believe it to be an ACC related issue but can't seem to find a clean diagram of what should go where. Also my power lock don't work as well.

I am a 1992 Galant VR4 if that helps.

Thanks!
Alan

Last edited:

Struc

There is a link to the factory service manuals in a sticky at the top of this "newbie" area.

Download the PDF files, and you will have all the electrical diagrams you need.

alansupra94

Already have them and I can't seem to decipher the diagrams.

Never-mind I guess I will figure out myself.

fuel

the clock, dome light and acc power supply to the radio is all on the one fuse under the dashboard on the drivers side. Locate the blown fuse and replace it.

alansupra94

What is REALLY weird is that the dome light works but the radio and clock don't. Also last night while driving, the clock came on and then slowly disappeared. Was really creepy. I will try a different fuse but thus far, nothing has fixed it.

alansupra94

Yeah sometimes the clock comes on....sometimes it goes away. Anyone have a similar issue?

Thanks,
Alan

snohacking

bump instead of making a new thread I will just bump this one
I got the same problem I checked the fuse and it looks fine any suggestions?

Last edited:

Galactica

It's gotta be in the way the power is fed from one point to another. My guess is that the power must split somewhere behind the dash to go out to the different accessories and somehow that split is going bad. Only the wiring diagrams would be able to spell it out though.

Hey all, I had the same issue on my 98 galant vr4 and went and seen my usual guy and he was telling me that they rush the dash through the factory so the solder
on the back of the clock are weak and sometimes break or lose conductivity so easy fix is pull the clock out and re solder all the wires, should fix the problem

Hope it helps

alansupra94

I will take a look as I am still haven't that problem. Everything else works fine.

snohacking

^ me too. everything else is working fine. I swapped the dash so not sure if I forgot to plug something in or what

Wizardawd

When I picked up mine, I also had no dome, radio, clock memory. Turned out to be the dome light/room lamp fuse was blown.

ETACS could also be a culprit, but my experience with these cars it is usually something else. Usually something that someone has done to the wiring, most notable being the radio. Bad installs can screw with a lot of things. Check the radio install and look for good grounds attached to actual metal. Check to make sure the Illumination and dimmer wires ARE NOT hooked up.

After the fuse and radio check, check grounds possibly? 4 main grounds under the hood (intake to body, body to transmission, body to battery, transmission to battery), a large ground cluster behind the drivers headlight on the fender, and several grounds in the kick panels on both sides (these always seems to be corroded). And a couple in the center console.

Wiz

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned