The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Heater control bulbs-anyone replaced?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
As stated above, 2 of my 3 heater control panel bulbs are out 828/1k. I presume this can be disassembled and they can be replaced. Anyone done this? What bulb type/number does it use?

Thanks.

They're the same as all the other ones used throughout the dash. They're easy to remove once you take off the panel. They're simply held in by little clips. Start pulling that panel off, 2 screws in the ashtray, 2 above the heater control knobs & you should see the bulbs. I haven't done this in a while but I do believe that's how you get to them.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Thanks genamins. I was lazy last night, but looked at CAPS today. Should be able to do this on Friday.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Maybe, but I notice the mode position panel and the heat level panel are out.

gtluke

the knobs have bulbs with green condoms on them so they illuminate green,
it looks dumb when you don't replace them with green bulbs.
anyone know where to get green bulbs? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

KiNgMaRtY

Quoting gtluke:
the knobs have bulbs with green condoms on them so they illuminate green,
it looks dumb when you don't replace them with green bulbs.
anyone know where to get green bulbs? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The knobs have the bulbs inside of them?

gtluke

sorta, not behind the knob. You have to pop the little cluster thing out (lean it forward) and the bulbs go in the back of the unit.

KiNgMaRtY

Got you. Thanks. Mine need replacement as well. I thought the ones on 611 lighted up but guess the one's on 802 are dead

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Just completed this. The only difficult part is pulling the control unit out far enough to access the bulbs. It is kind of trapped behind the dash frame a bit.

Two of my three were out, but I had a bunch of these bulbs in the garage from some other cluster I took apart or something, i don't remember. The ashtray uses the same bulb as well. I do not know what number they might be at the parts store. The ones I put in said "74" on them. Might be the number. They are rated 14V 1.4 W. The bulb for the lever panel right below was out too, so did that one as well. Guess I will see tonight how they work.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Verified tonight at Autozone that they are number 74 bulbs.

As for the rubber bulb condoms, I just transferred those over to the new bulbs.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts