The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

energy suspension inserts

He guys. I was wondering if there is a vr4 specific kit from energy suspension.. or any company that covers all bushings.. I.e. swaybar subframe motor mount carrie bearing and anything else I'm missing. If so can someone point me in the correct direction please. And thank you

Adorsey

Front end
Rear end
Motor
Propeller shaft bearing pita to change
Drive shaft washers. you can just weld washers. but these are cool.

Im just bored. Heres some sh*t id buy

*There is other goodies in there if you do some searching. like for the subframe and to bolt up the rear dif.

Mostly all poly bushings are going to be a pita.Involving burning out the old rubber or another way.

Last edited:

thak you both. is there a kit for the rear subframe? i see the second post has a kit for a front subframe. but nothing for the rear.

4thStroke

Check Tunersnation.com for the rear subframe bushings. There was a small run on them a while back, I'm not sure if they still have some left over or if more came in. They also carry the aluminum driveshaft bushings. You would also be supporting a valuable member (Garfield Wright).

Just a tip with the motor mount bushings. They can be a bit annoying if you don't have balance shafts or are sensitive to vibration altogether. If I were to do it again, I'd leave the side motor mounts stock and replace the front and back ones. That will cut down on the vibration and and you will still eliminate most of the front and back motor movement. Another thing you could do, since the motor mounts come in halves that get pressed in from each side, you could drill through most of the backside (the side that gets pressed in first) to take away some of the harshness.

well ive had solid aluminum mounts in my 240sx. that car was 500 whp and was very vibraty. i dont care about driveability. the inserts ive ahd before and they compare nothing to what ive had in the past. i can like with vibrating mirrors and a sun visor that wiggles its way down to have piece of mind knowing my motor and drivetrain are planted firmly withing the chassis.

curtis

The rear bushings for the subframe and the mustache bushings I did the design work on and John Boostx did the supplier / logistics for and was his idea, he lets Garfield sell them on his site. They have a 90A durometer rating which gives just enough movement not to vibrate like a solid metal bushing and want wear and cause clunk clunks like a solid metal in 6 months.

Theres been a few mess up on installation so I'll post it here as well. I designed these to leave the steel tube the original bushings were vulcanized to unlike the poly replacements from others that design them all to come out. If it was 1993 I would have did it like them but these and the dsm's are getting old and years of northern salt filled winters have created decades of rust. Frankly i did it because the cars need all the steel they can get. Just simply burn out the old ones with a torch clean off the excess with a wire brush on a drill or a sand paper flapper wheel and press in then oil up the pin and press that in. That locks everything together and want come out because its in double compression.

If you do a search Kenny posted up all the info to do a complete swap with cool pictures. Only 2 areas not address in the energy suspension parts list and the rear stuff we did is the carrier bearings that Garfield now supplies and the front cross bar under the radiator. Kenny figured out you can use the front subframe bushings on that location so pick up a master set and extra fronts then yell at Garfield or John on the rear stuff because I'm zero balance on them right now except mine and there not for sale.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts