The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

LED interior lighting

971of1000

Anyone done the dash back lighting and instrument cluster with leds? is there plug and play lighting?

citymunky

I always hated Green interior lights in cars, I know there are ways to change the color to some other color, but has anybody change the color of the clock?

Boostdtalon

Quoting geno:
I am going to eventually change them but haven't gotten around to it.

I picked this site up from somewhere on this forum http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=%2F1157.htm

Twist lock instrument led lights: http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=%2Finstrument.html

I just ordered a few lights from there. Got green for the cluster and some for my reverse lights. I was actually looking at the H3 ones they have to use on my fog lights.

DR1665

I'd be interested to see how the plug-n-play LEDs work out on these cars. Typically, those LEDs have a narrow focus, resulting in spotty coverage.

Here's what I did using about $15 worth of LED strips off Ebay earlier this year. They need some fine tuning, but that will happen once the car goes back together.

Boostdtalon

Well the ones I bought had different degrees you could choose from. the reverse lights I ordered were 360 and the ones I ordered for the dash were 120 degrees. I actually looked at your write up beforehand. I will post pics of before and after so everyone can see how they work.

coyotes

Bump for this. Has anyone done LEDs? Namely the map and door lights. Curious to see how it looks.

Barnes

I just wish there were more OEM style replacements. I simply want to replace the old incandescent bulbs with LEDs, but I don't need them to be zomg brighter, or have a fifteen bazillion kelvin color temp.

G

Staff member
What's the oem bulb style code?

G

Staff member
I was referring to the speedo light bulbs. That is not the correct bulb code for the overhead dome. (off topic) I installed the same led board in my dome that I installed in my trunk and it's ridiculously bright in the car now.

coyotes

That is the bulb that was in my dome light. I'm curious about swapping it and the door lights to LED. got photos of yours? Your trunk did look nice.

G

Staff member
The led board I posted in my thread is way brighter than any festoon style led. No pics. Just buy it you will be happy.

coyotes

Quoting G:
The led board I posted in my thread is way brighter than any festoon style led. No pics. Just buy it you will be happy.

How did you mount yours in the overhead done, just to one side or the other? There is no way to center it unless you just stuck the led on top of the bulb housing.

G

Staff member
It just sits in the center of the lens. It doesn't get hot so it's fine. It comes with double sided tape.

jcrimboli

My door, map, and dome lights are all LED done by the previous owner. I haven't pulled the covers off to look at them yet, but I will and I'll snap some photos.

cheekychimp

Quoting G:

Can you link your thread? I did a search of all your posts but saw nothing LED related.

marvinmadman

I keep a fishing tackle box full of assorted LEDs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

G

Staff member
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned