The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Lug nuts

Romanova

Replacing all the studs with new OEM studs as I switch from 4 lug to 5 lug. I'll be running Evo 9 OEM wheels... can I use aftermarket lugs like Kyokugens or would stock lugs be best? Seems like they would be priced about the same...?
kyokugen_lug_nut_set_chrome.jpg

Thanks

G

Staff member
Can't use those because they are acorn type. You need washer type for evo9 wheels. If you want open end washer type buy toyota supra lugnuts. I have the part # around here some where.

slugsgomoo

alan, acorns are fine for those. You can tell by looking to see if they have a wide flat surface or a narrower beveled surface usually.

alansupra94

The surface looks flat /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I might look into something w/ a flat surface. Do any stores carry aftermarket flat ones? I know my supra didn't come with stock wheel lugs.

G

Staff member
click Did your supra come with stock wheels?

Supra lugs on the dsm and vr-4.

img0008nk.jpg

img0011ly.jpg

Last edited:

alansupra94

Quoting alansupra94:
The surface looks flat /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I might look into something w/ a flat surface. Do any stores carry aftermarket flat ones? I know my supra didn't come with stock wheel lugs.

*EDIT* after looking close, I see that edge you were speaking of so acorn nuts will word. My supra came with some horrendous wheels. I sold them and tossed some 19 Racinghart C4R 3-pieces on. Too bad racinghart doesn't support them anymore /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif Probably goingv with HRE 540Rs soon.

Does anybody know the pn for stock lug nuts? I need a set for my stock gvr4 wheels and don't really care for anything fancy, just a cheaper set that'll work.

I just spoke with O'Reillys and they gave me three possibilities:
611-117 @ 3.99
611-141 @ 2.69
611-108 @ $1.69

Last edited by a moderator:

donkeylips

MB579290 for gvr4, 2g, and probably a lot of others. I recently snagged a few in the junkyard to try to make my set complete because they're common to a lot of Mitsus with aluminum wheels. I checked the part number for a 92 Eclipse GSX and it was MB579420. I think the first number is "w/cap" and the second is "w/o cap". I don't really know what that means.

OMFGeofffff

^^^^^Cars that came with hubcaps probably have different lug nuts.

Quoting donkeylips:
MB579290 for gvr4, 2g, and probably a lot of others. I recently snagged a few in the junkyard to try to make my set complete because they're common to a lot of Mitsus with aluminum wheels. I checked the part number for a 92 Eclipse GSX and it was MB579420. I think the first number is "w/cap" and the second is "w/o cap". I don't really know what that means.

How did you know what lug nuts would work?

89Mirageman

I bought a set of 20 for $23.50 shipped on ebay a few weeks ago from a place called tuneshop. Look to be oem quality and they have the washer and everything. I'm sure they are aftermarket for that price but they look identical to the Mitsu ones.

click

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts