The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

what type a bulbs are used in our cars. doors, dome, license plate...

Brunoboy

i want to change the doors, Cluster, the dome ,and the license plate bulbs to LEDs, does anyone know how many and what type of bulbs are needed? thanks
-shane

JNR

Do you have the owner's manual? Usually a chart in there, but most cars seem to use the same p/n's and there's like 2 or 3 types. However, check the manual, as not sure on the Galant (haven't changed any yet)

Brunoboy

Thanks and no i nvr got it with my car =[.
-shnlane

Brunoboy

how many bulbs are in the dome? and map lights? and i figure the doors are one a piece and the license plate 2 bulbs.
-Shane

Brunoboy

do you know if they are 31 or 32 mm?
-Shane

Brunoboy

how many bulbs are in each item? dome map and doors? and what kind of bulbs?
-Shane

Turboman_456

Here is a link to the dome light and pics.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/White-4x6-24-SF-LED-Dome-Light-Bulb-Board-BA9S-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem255e095a9fQQitemZ160491461279QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Brunoboy

wait what bulbs are in your map, your dome,your doors and your license plate?, I need the bulb numbers.
-Shane

Turboman_456

The map lights are unchanged the dome light is at that ebay link obove.The door bulb and the dome are the same size DE3021 pick your color and type.The license & the side marker bulb are 194 but in LED you will need two types,the 5 SMD for the license and 9 SMD for the rear side markers the same for the front corners there two bulbs in each one.

Brunoboy

so DE3021 is the bulb i need for both doors and dome, what length is the bulbs though?31-33mm
-Shane

Brunoboy

Quoting Turboman_456:
The map lights are unchanged the dome light is at that ebay link obove.The door bulb and the dome are the same size DE3021 pick your color and type.The license & the side marker bulb are 194 but in LED you will need two types,the 5 SMD for the license and 9 SMD for the rear side markers the same for the front corners there two bulbs in each one.

why two types for the license and sides? what is 5 and 9?

Turboman_456

The SMD 5 it short the 9 is longer or taller the 9 will not fit in the license fixture.The number indicates the LEDs per unit.

Turboman_456

Quoting brunoboy:
so DE3021 is the bulb i need for both doors and dome, what length is the bulbs though?31-33mm
-Shane

DE3021 yes both,I do not know what the length is,the fit is tight the bulbs fit in the holes at the end of the fixtures.

Last edited:

Brunoboy

ok cool, thanks a lot for the info.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned