The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Injector plug wires

Brunoboy

Hey guys, so i was wondering something , i replaced injector clips and i hooked up the wires however i thiught it was supposed to, the shop my cars at does a lot of dsms and told me my injector is gettin positive power to both sides of the wires, is that not ok? He said its only supposed to be one side positive power.
-shane

toybreaker

iconoclast
Shane,

It's quite possible he's checking it still plugged into the injector with the key on, and the engine not running.

If that's the case, bith sides will read positive potential, as the ecu provides the ground only when it wants to have the injector firing.

Have him disconnect the harness connector from the injector, and check it again.

If it still shows voltage on both pins, then you'se got troubles.

Last edited:

cheekychimp

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

I was about to say exactly the same thing ... NOT! Where the hell do you learn all this stuff John?

toybreaker

iconoclast
By doing it wrong myself.

... and then having to figure out how/what I borked up ...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Brunoboy

so check one side of the wire when it fires? or what? what could it be if it is both sides?

toybreaker

iconoclast
What is the actuall problem you are having that is causing you to check for voltage at the injector connectors?

Last edited:

Tre3zy

his been frying ECU's over time.... i believe his on his 3 ecu now...

Brunoboy

something like that ^^^, IDK what to do, So you say that Injectors are supposed to pulse when firing? if so, which side of the wire on each plug do I check?
-Shane

toybreaker

iconoclast
Shane,

Popping multiple ecu's sucks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I would be happy to talk to your shop guys, as it'll be easier than typing long posts out, so I'll pm you my phone number.

Can you list your mods, (specifically which injectors you're running), and shoot some pics of the damaged ecu's?

Thanks,

John

Brunoboy

resolved, it was his ecu.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts