The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

dash mounted gauge pod

Does anyone know where I can find one like this one that they make for the subie's. I would like to add some more gauges to 261/1000 but I dont like them down below next to the radio.

Muskrat

^ Just to expand on this: It's from the GS with electronic controlled suspension (ECS), and is for the suspension controls. It goes in the pocket where the badges are, and requires cutting the dash mat to fit iirc.

TylerAdamson

Quoting Red_Bird:
This is the only thing that I can think of.

Click

When going this route, make note that you have to grind quite a bit of material out of the actual pod to get a gauge to sit flush. I never quite got mine to sit right so I cut the plastic on my gauges to fit. I was a bit disappointed in the piece as far as fitment, but after grinding and trimming of the pod and gauges I got them to sit how I expected.

Brunoboy

Quoting BoostedAWD91:
u can use the dash pod from non turbo galant which you can put gauges in

it isnt that big.I myself was going to put a flip up screen head unit inside this unit. and have 5 gauges down where the radio used to be.
-Shane

Yeah I was considering fabricating something for where the center vents live to put my AVIC N2 in, but I'm not sure now. I was going to put that there and then two gauges and my 1.5" A/D/S tweeter in the dash speaker spot, havent' decided what to do for the factory double din hole If I put the deck up high. Maybe a 9" monitor or something. For now I think the plan is to pick up a double din Soundstream dvd/nav unit, I just don't want to look that far down from the road to see the nav. I've consider the possiblity of doing visor monitors then I could just look there for nav but I would still have to go to the main deck for touchscreen.

Quoting Red_Bird:
This is the only thing that I can think of.
Click

Yea I saw that I was looking for a 3 gauge pod though I emailed paulo iirc the same link above about making ones like the subie's said it was too limited of a car for resources. I may have to design and fab something up for myself and terror dont want to be looking down at gauges while driving thats why I wanted them top mounted...

cheekychimp

If you use small gauges you can fit three in the dash pod like this;

img.php

52mm gauges do fit if you fabricate your own mounting plate behind the gauges but if you use analog ones the top and bottom of the display can get cut off. I used dual digital gauges from SPA. This actually gives you four readouts;

img.php

Edit: Or you could fabricate something like this;

As Mr. Gravel did !!!

Last edited:

TSimage

I've got mine FS:

0919081853.jpg
PM me if interested in it, comes with the 3 gauges for $150

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts