The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Door lock's

TylerAdamson

Just wondering if anyone had a picture of the inside of one of the doors on a Galant. I somehow managed to lock my keys in my car and am trying to unlock it myself. I just need a picture of how the linkage is ran so I can get an idea of where I need to insert the rod/hanger. I'm also open to suggestions on other ways of unlocking it.

mitsuturbo

The best way i know, is to actually go under the window, and hit the bottom of the lock tab that sticks up out from the door panel. I've had this happen a couple times and ended up bending a coat hanger, and gave it a sharpened tip. This caught the plastic tab easier and made it not so hard to open. It's not easy. You'll need to put a pair of needle nose pliers between the door and window to keep them separated while you work.

Edit: BTW, whenever i've had the doorpanel off, i've looked at how to break into these cars, for future reference. As much as it sucks, it seems pulling up the lock button/tab always looked the best/easiest.

Last edited:

TylerAdamson

I think I've got it covered. Thanks to you guys that sent me the pm's. Hopefully I'll be able to get back into the car so I can finish up things and get it running.

SouthCaliVR4

And, my thanks to you guys sending that particular tip via pm, only owners need to know that trick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

mitsuturbo

why, as a 10 year gvr4 owner... and current owner of 3 AWD galants... do i feel i've missed something here?

SmoothCustomer

I think he's concerned that once people know how to break into these cars they will start doing so. I really don't think these cars have cutting edge technology that would be hard for anyone who would be considering this in the first place to break into.

mitsuturbo

Well, i know a quick and dirty way, but i'd never ever do it to one of these cars. It causes damage to the door.

Unfortunately, i've seen it firsthand. It's disgusting.

curtis

If anyone ever needs help in getting in post a message like this. There's enough old guys that knows the deal and will help you out. We don't need it public cause the Galant theft will go up instantly.

mitsuturbo

If i wanted to steal a car, i'd have no problem breaking a window. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I agree, though. If some asshole knows "an easier stealthy way" they may be more inclined to target these vehicles.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned