The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

BOV help please.

I have a 92 GVR4 its pretty much stock i am working on currently replacing the stock intake and the stock bov. This is my first major project car i am no mechanic but i am working on that so i am happy to get any help i can. I got everything out and i am working on replacing it with the new parts now. The problem that i am running into no is with the new BOV. I bought a turbo XS one that came of a 1g DSM its got the flange on it. I don't understand how to hook it up. I don't know what hooks up to each end of the flange. Also when i took of the stock BOV there is a opening under it on that pipe what goes there, do i cover it up. Any help is awesome thank you.

SouthCaliVR4

I know you want that valve on your car but... If the flange is different & it vents to atmosphere along with the tone of your questions if the stock one is working clean it up (crush it if you feel comfortable doing so, I'll get to that) & put it back till you have a better handle on what it is you are doing. you will want to replace the gasket as well.

crushing a valve: the stock valve can hold a fair amount of boost by putting it in a vise & gently crushing it till the vacuum hose just touches the body of the valve. this increases the spring pressure of the valve & will help it hold a higher boost level. do not go all ape on it you'll ruin the valve.

If you just have to vent to atmosphere & be all fast & furious (read; slow & frustrated) you need a gm style blow through mas or a change over to speed density. if you have to ask about these you are not ready to do either.

Installing a blow off valve is quite straight forward but you do need to do some research before you introduce a huge vacuum or boost leak into your car & risk big time motor damage.

Like was stated before spend some time looking at other peoples set ups, go to the manufacturers website & study the installation instructions. ask someone with actual knowledge (whop can be there in person) to help guide you. don't be insulted by any of this, none of us were born with the knowledge & had to learn, I'm just saying by error is an unnecessary & painful method in this case.

Last edited:

SouthCaliVR4

Dang, I didn't even notice he did that, thought I got bounced to page two /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

DR1665

Quoting SouthCaliVR4:
If . . . it vents to atmosphere...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned