The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Question about ECU MD166267 / E2T37271

Hi!
Perhaps someone can advise if this is a a VR4 ECU. The seller of the swap I bought is offering it as an addition but I am not sure it the ECU is authentic JDM 4G63T. The picture is below.

Many thanks in advance,
Eugene

fuel

Nope definitely not a VR-4 or even a 4G63T ECU.

It's actually an ECU out of a JDM E35A 1.8L 4G67 powered Galant, possibly also from a JDM Lancer SR of the same era.

I had a '91 Eterna Sava with that same ECU and it did this:

DSCF1781.jpg

But had you have google searched MD166267 you would have found that for yourself.

RedTwo

Gangster - you can just type model/part numbers into ASA and it will tell you want it's from /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

MD166267 - PNC 82522 - CONTROL UNIT, ENG
Applicable Vehicle Models: E35A - ALL

Every E35A has this ecu it seems.

fuel

hrmm I really need to install ASA - I've just been relying on CAPS all this time. I know there was a russian site to download ASA from but I've since lost the link - do you know where to download it from RedTwo?

Last edited:

Thanks for your replies! I did search however the only references I could find were russian yet both did confirm your statement. Again thx and best of luck

RedTwo

lilevo.com has it, there's a 'how to' in our 'how to' section that gives the direct download link, etc

fuel

Quoting euginiuss:
Thanks for your replies! I did search however the only references I could find were russian yet both did confirm your statement. Again thx and best of luck

You must be doing it wrong, when I search for "MD166267" in google the second link from the bottom is a post from me showing what happened to my ECU, and even in the blurb before you click into the link it tells you what car the ECU was from.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned