The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What bumper is this???

bazeng

Hi guys,

This isn't a normal US spec / AUS spec bumper...
wtf is it???

437_mitsubishi-galant-vr4.jpg

ktmrider

Sure looks like the non-turbo Galant GSX front bumper to me...

^Nope, it's a older jdm/euro bumper. Similar to this junk:
img.php

Doesn't look anything like a GGSX bumper.

Last edited by a moderator:

It's the EURO bumper. The newer FWD Galant (91-92) got them here in sweden! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

nickbuilt

Yup that's a euro bumper off of 91-92 non turbo when I was in the junk yards looking for jdm parts in the Dominican republic on my vacation I saw one the the people said it's a euro bumper!

-Nick

belize1334

^^ You went junk-yarding on your vacation... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

nickbuilt

Quoting belize1334:
^^ You went junk-yarding on your vacation... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

hells yea u know what it is to go to the junkyard and buy jdm parts everywhere u look!

Now that's a vacation.

And no I didn't come back empty handed lol !

-nick

TWEAKD4

I tried to get my wife to go junk yard hunting on my honeymoon in Jamaica. I didn't happen. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

fuel

Plenty of JDM models with that bumper too.

click

click

fuel

yes they are certainly better than the Aus/US spec horrible bumpers, but if you're going to go to the hassle of changing bumpers you may as well get the real deal JDM VR-4/Super Viento bumpers.

fuel

The bumper which is the subject of this thread is what is typically found on the Viento models, along with the MS, MX, MU etc. The Super Viento however has the same bumpers as a VR-4.

I had an E35A Eterna Sava which had this bumper in question:

DSCF1874.jpg

along with the distinctive Eterna Sava rear end:

DSCF1868-1.jpg

And then also had an E35A Super Viento too:

DSC01295.jpg

DSC01293.jpg

Both had the 4G67 1.8L DOHC engines, 4 speed autos and of course only FWD.

bazeng

Very cool.

I've only seen 1 x Eterna Sava here in AUS. I thought they looked pretty cool!
The Super Viento looks like a standard JSPEC Galant.

Did they have any other bits that VR4's didn't have(interior)?

fuel

The Super Viento basically looks like a VR-4 except it's missing the sideskirts and instrument cluster with boost gauge etc. It has the same interior, same seats, rear view wiper, 15" alloys, climate control air con etc.

I wouldn't use the term 'JSPEC' so loosely, JSPEC or JDM or whatever the word for it could describe any model out of Japan, from the early base model E31A 1600cc steel bumpered, wind up windowed Galant G right through to the AMG Galant or the VR-4 Galant. There are typically no less than 10 different variants of Galant for every year from Japan and then when you apply things like pre-facelift, facelift, Evolution etc to the mix it makes it even harder to keep track of every model.

bazeng

I recently went to NZ (south island) and majority of cars I haven't even seen before!!

Over here in AUS we only get the GALANT AUS SPECS and GALANT JAP SPECS (VR4 88-91). With those JSPEC we only saw Std VR4s / VR4 RS / VR4 Monte Carlos.

The rest would be personal imports I'm assuming.

Thanks for the info! Want to send a bumper over to AUS??

fuel

it's too expensive to send anything large off shore from NZ, our outgoing shipping services suck pretty much.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts