The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

504/2000 Restoration project and 2 other VR4. Why do I love these cars!!

bobdole

Hello Guys,

This is my second galant vr4 build. This first one I built was a complete build for performance. This one will be built to keep mostly stock forum. Just a few upgrades for handling and looks. My plain is to replace alot of worn parts and clean it up to show room condition. I am going to be doing it in stages. My first stage is the rear suspension and undercarriage. I have already ordered alot of stock suspension parts from Mitsubishi. WL front and rear swaysbars. Here is some pics of what I have done so far.

Rear suspension. Lot of cleaning to do!!!

Stock exhaust is shot. So I will be replacing that.

I will be sanding/wire brushing and painting all the rear suspension and undercarriage. This is going to take some time.
I am also going to rebuild the drive shaft. Get it painted with all new parts. I found some ball bearings on the floor.
I am sure it came from the drive shaft.

Wish me luck!!! Having alot of fun so far /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Check the link for video I made.
click

Last edited:

bobdole

More work today. I removed the driveshaft. Going to get it rebuild. Ordered the new parts from the dealer. I also started cleaning the fender area for rubberized under paint. I am thinking about dropping the gas tank to clean it.

Also I keep finding ball bearings on the floor. Any idea where they came from?

Last edited:

Next thing in order should be to arrange the emblems on the rear to the correct position. Every time I see that it just looks like it was rear ended and a body shop just threw them on.

bobdole

yea I have already noticed the rear emblems /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif I will fix this later.

bobdole

Got alot of new parts in from Mitsubishi today /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dropped the gas tank and cat today. The car is just about stripped in the rear. Going to clean it up over the weekend. Dropped alot of stuff to get powder coated black. Next week I will start treating the under carriage.

More pics to come.

Last edited:

bobdole

Got alot done. Got some parts back from the sand blaster. Then I painted them over the weekend.

Cleaned with simple green:

Need a new sending unit:

More images to come:

bobdole

Also pick up this to clean up some nuts and bolts.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Does that clean them without removing any remaining plating?

bobdole

Found this place to rebuild my fuel sending unit. I sent him pictures. He said he could rebuild it no problem. I will post pictures when I get it back!!

click

fuel

wow very nice! I always love a good restoration!

G

Staff member
Looks nice! Any rust inside the tank?

bobdole

The inside of the tank looked brand new. I was surprised.

bobdole

Yesterday I worked more on the car. Removed the rear bumper to find out my bumper support is shot. So I am fixing that. I also painted/sealed the underside. Just waiting on that to dry so I can spray the rubberized undercoating on. I already did the fenders they turned out great. My new rotors and pads showed up. The drive shaft in finished got to go pick up. Got is sand plasted and painted also with all new parts. Also Mitsubishi guy dropped of new parts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

bobdole

Finished painting. Just got to but everything back together. Also got my new rotors, pads and brake lines in.

img.jpg
img.jpg
img.jpg
img.jpg
img.jpg

381gvr4

Looks awesome!!! The condition based on the pics look to be outstanding!!! The rear subframe looked pretty good for its age and looks sick now!!! Was this a original FL car???

Welcome back Mr. Dole!!!

Last edited:

Jordangvr4

Awesome job! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

bobdole

I bought the car from NY area. I am the third owner. The guy I bought it from had it for 9 years. There is some rust but mostly surface rust. Once I finish the rear area I will start on front of the car. It is alot of work so far but I am having fun doing it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

TurboTrader

Quoting 381gvr4:
Looks awesome!!! The condition based on the pics look to be outstanding!!! The rear subframe looked pretty good for its age and looks sick now!!! Was this a original FL car???

Welcome back Mr. Dole!!!

It does look good, especially for a New York car. Nice.

evo8ya

That is lookin great. Awesome job!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts